The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) is an autonomous institution of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, for a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The Centre is located in the midst of academically enriched environment of University of Savitribai Phule Pune Campus, Pune.
NCCS invites applications for following posts on various extramural projects purely on temporary basis.
Senior Research Fellow (Sr. No - 01)
Name of the Project : "Quest for Cancer Drugs: Screening and Bioassay Guided Phytochemical Investigation of Selected Endemic Medicinal Plants of Eastern Himalaya"
Name of the PI : Dr. Manas Santra
Essential Qualification & Experience : Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following & should have 2 years of research experience.
A. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests- CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
B. The selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR. NT lISc, USER, etc.
Desirable Experience : Candidates should have experience in PCR, cloning, tissue culture, immunoblotting, etc.
Project Tenure : Up to 17.03.2022
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 35,000/- + HRA
Age limit : Not more than 32 years as on last date of application.
Junior Research Fellow (Sr. No - 02)
Name of the Project : "Elucidation of the role of long noncoding RNA-Ginir as a biomarker in lung tumorigenesis"
Name of the PI : Dr. Manas Santra
Essential Qualification & Experience : Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following.
Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests - CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
The selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, HSc, USER etc.
Desirable Experience : Candidates should have experience in non-long coding RNA isolation, cloning, tissue culture etc.
Project Tenure : Up to 18.08.2024
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 31,000/- + HRA
Age limit : Not more than 28 years as on last date of application.
Junior Research Fellow (Sr. No - 03)
Number of posts : 01 (One)
Name of the Project : "Proteogenomics-based identification and characterization of a novel ITGB8 isoform in ovarian cancer and elucidation of its functional relevance"
Name of the PI : Dr. Sharmila Bapat
Essential Qualification & Experience: Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science or Graduate / Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course selected through a process described through any one of the following.
A. Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests - CSIR- UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
B. The selection process through National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, HSc, USER etc.
Desirable Experience : Experience of molecular biology and cell culture techniques including PCR, cloning, transformation, transfections into mammalian cells and functional assays is desired.
Project Tenure : Up to 26.03.2023
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 31000/- + HRA
Age limit : Not more than 28 years as on last date of application.
Project Associate II (Sr. No - 04)
Name of the Project : "IRMI Research Management Grant.”
Name of the PI : Dr. Ajay Pillai
Essential Qualification & Experience : (i) Master's Degree in Natural or Agricultural Sciences/ MVSc or bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent;
(ii) 2 years' experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or Science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services.
Desirable Experience : Strong background in Life Sciences with excellent communication skills. Good knowledge on preparing financial documents such as UC/SE. Experience in working with website online portals and consoles would be preferred. One recommendation letter from your Supervisor/Scientist with whom you have worked with, commenting on the suitability of your candidature for the said advertisement would be preferred.
Job Profile : The work involves establishing an online platform for extra mural Grants management using available and to be created institutional databases and to customize it in coordination with other departments as per the vendor requirement. If selected, the candidate will majorly devote time in refining the process flows and review and creation of new databases for Grants management processes as per Pis requirement. The selected candidate is expected to coordinate with accounts, purchase and stores, admin and academics department for data base integration. Meticulous work flow, strong work ethics and experience in data management and data entry is also desired with good understanding of Microsoft modules like excel, word etc.
Project Tenure : Up to 30.09.2022
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 28,000/- + HRA
Age limit : Not more than 35 years as on last date of application.
Project Assistant (Sr. No - 05)
Name of the Project : "Bioprospecting of Marine microbial diversity for various products" under the Marine Bioresource and Biotechnology Network Programme."
Name of the PI : Dr. Yogesh Shouche
Essential Qualification & Experience : B.Sc./ 3 years Diploma in Engineering & Technology
Desirable Experience : • Experience in basic microbiology techniques (Bacteria isolation and preservation).
• Experience in handling marine microbes.
Project Tenure : Up to 27.09.2024
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 20,000/- + HRA
Age limit : Not more than 50 years as on last date of application.
1) The complete application template in the prescribed format is available below this advertisement (as word and PDF file)
2) Mention “Serial Number <& Name of Position” in the subject line of the email. You can apply for a maximum of three positions. If you are applying for more than one position, please send separate applications through email, with separate subject lines and attach all other documents in all emails.
3) Recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates, and other testimonials in support of age. qualification, experience etc. as mentioned below, may be scanned and attached with the application format which is enclosed below the advertisement.
4) In the email, the applicant must attach all self-attested scanned certificates in support of date of Birth, Educational Qualifications (Secondary School Certificate onwards), Work Experience (on respective letter heads wherever they have worked, signed and dated by the authorized person). Details of the Exams passed (Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+2), Graduate degree, post-graduate degree, PhD, and other if any), Caste Certificate, if any. Originals Scanned copies of NET/GATE/National Level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, USER, etc and other relevant documents must be attached. Direct contact number should be included in the applications.
5) SC/ST/OBC candidates must produce proof of their caste certificate from appropriate authority. In addition, OBC candidates must also produce latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed form for claiming the reservation benefits.
6) The applications will be summarily rejected in absence of these certificates or any requested information, wherever applicable. There will not be any further communication in this regard from us.
7) There should be single PDF file of all documents including the format.
List of shortlisted candidates for interview selection process with details of date, time w ill be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
8) In case if shortlisted for interview and upon successful selection, the applicant must bring all the original certificates in support of date of Birth, Educational Qualifications, Work Experience, Details of the Exams passed (Secondary School Certificate onwards), Caste Certificate, if any and other relevant documents, at the time of joining for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies. An Offer letter would be valid subject to verification of your certificates with the original documents only, within one month of issue of the Offer letter. The duration of offer will be determined based on fund availability.
9) The Director, NCCS reserves the right to enhance/reduce the number of posts and also cancel the recruitment process. Additional percentage and experience cut-off will be applied during the screening process, if required.
10) The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for online interview. The Centre reserves the right to call for online interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable.
11) Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large & it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of screening committee, the project investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration of qualifications and desirable experience over and above the minimum prescribed, in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on this matter.
12) 5% Marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates, over the prescribed percentage in respective post.
13) The above advertised positions are filled up purely on temporary basis for the limited time period on the extramural projects funded by DBT/DST/CSIR/ICMR/SLRB etc./Government and private organizations. The position will automatically co-term inus on the completion of the project tenure. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in funding agency or in NCCS, Pune.
14) Fellowship/Fmoluments: Emoluments to the research personnel engaged under project will be made in accordance with the sanction order or latest DST O.M whichever the case may be.
15) Age limit will be considered as on closing date of receipt of application. Age relaxation of 5 years in case of Women/SC/ST/PH candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates will be given as per Government of India rules. Reservation as per Govt, of India norms will be followed.
16) Age & Experience will be relaxed in exceptional cases by the Competent Authority.
17) Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as disqualification for the post.
18) The posts advertised shall be need based without any commitment for its filling.
19) Selected candidates will have to join duty within one month of the receipt of the offer of appointment.
20) Lower positions will be offered, if candidates are not found suitable for the above advertised positions.
Interested candidates should send the complete application by email to email@example.com on or before 15th November, 2021.
See All Other Jobs in our Database