Job for Research Associate at NIPER | Ph.D or M.Pharm/M.Sc
The wave of globalization has propelled the expansion of Indian pharma sector. India is amongst the top 10 countries of the world, in terms of volume and value of Pharmaceutical products. Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial efforts have turned Gujarat into the hub of Pharma industry. The innovative and translational approach of the Indian scientists resulted in paradigm shift from industrial age to knowledge enriched economy. Pharmaceutical education has played a vital role in human resource development, catalysing the growth of life sciences and healthcare industry.
Post : Research Associate (one post only)
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for temporary Research Associate (RA) position in the projects funded by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Nanomedicine Research Grant. The position is temporary and the offer will be initially for a period of ONE Year that can be extended further based on the performance and will be co-terminus with the project after 3 years.
Project Title : Intra-arterial delivery of brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) loaded dendrimer-stabilized smart-albumin nanoparticle (DSSAN) for the treatment of ischemic stroke
Qualification and Experience required
PhD/MD/MS/MDS or Equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSC/M.Pharm/ME/M.Tech with atleast one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
• Work experience in stroke biology (especially experience in vivo model middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAo), cardiac arrest model),molecular biology and imaging.
• Hands on experience in vitro cell culture assays desirable.
• NET/GATE qualified candidates will be given preference.
Age : As per ICMR rules.
In this project, primary focus is to :
a) To determine ability of BDNF loaded DSSAN to cross BBB and evaluate the release BDNF
b) To determine the efficacy of intra-arterial delivery of BDNF loaded DSSAN in a rat model of ischemic stroke
c) Determining the mechanism of action recruited by BDNF loaded DSSAN on the post-ischemic brain. Candidate should be keen in learning small animal surgical skills and small animal imaging.
Salary : Rs.47,000+16% HRA per month
Interested candidates should send their applications strictly in the attached application format via email to Registrar , NIPER - A (email@example.com) with a copy to individual PI on or before 29/11/2019 Please write “Application for RA” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email and date of interview will be informed in due course.
• Original certificates and self attested copies of all certificates need to be presented
before the interview for verification.
• No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of candidature.
• Venue of Interview – Conference Room, NIPER-Ahmedabad, Palaj, Opposite Air Force Station, Gandhinagar-382355, Gujarat,India.
• Application should be strictly according to the attached format.
• Last date for receiving of application is 29/11/2019.
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research-Ahmedabad
Palaj,Opposite Air Force Station, Gandhinagar-382355,Gujarat, India
See All Other Jobs in our Database