Job for Junior Research Fellow, Senior Research Fellow at TANUVAS
The seed for the establishment and growth of TANUVAS was sown as early as 1876, when the Madras Veterinary College was started as an Agricultural School in Chennai to offer diploma and certificate course in the field of veterinary and animal sciences. The institute attained the status of a college in the year 1903 (01.10.1903), when it started functioning at Dobbin Hall, Chennai and admitted 20 students for a three-year diploma course called GMVC (Graduate of Madras Veterinary College).
Applications for walk-in interview are invited for filling up of following post to work in the Ministry of AYUSH funded Project titled “Validation of the Pharmacological Efficacy of Nandhi Mezhugu, pretreatment with Kummati Mezhugu in Preclinical models of anovulation and its application in Veterinary medicine in Ovulatory Disorders in Cattle’’ at Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, Madras Veterinary College, Chennai 600 007. Written test and interview will be conducted. The post is purely temporary for ONE YEAR from the date of recruitment or till the availability of funds or completion of the project whichever is earlier.
Junior Research Fellow
M.V.Sc. (except social sciences) /M.Tech (Biotech)/M.Pharm with any one of the following: a. National Eligibility Tests – ICAR / CSIR - UGC - NET including lectureship or with GATE b. National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER, etc.
Desirable: Working experience with laboratory animals
Remuneration : Rs. 25,000 per month + House Rent Allowance @ 7500/Month
Senior Research Fellow
Qualification prescribed for JRF / MD(Siddha) - with two years of research experience
Remuneration : Rs. 28,000 per month + House Rent Allowance @ Rs.8400/Month
1. Candidates with full bio data are requested to walk in to the Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, Madras Veterinary College, Chennai 600 007 for the written test and interview.
2. No TA / DA will be paid for the candidates preferring to attend the interview. Candidates have to make their own arrangements for their stay at Chennai.
3. Mere attending the interview does not guarantee them the appointment and the selection will be based purely on merit basis.
4. Candidates are requested to produce all original certificates (UG / PG degrees, NET/GATE certificates, age proof, experience certificate, publications and any other testimonials that certify their competency to work in the project) at the time of interview.
5. The upper age limit for JRF is 28 years and for SRF it is 35 years, as on 1st July 2019.
6. The upper age limit is relaxable to 5 years for OBC/SC/ST/Physically challenged/Women.
7. The appointment is made purely on temporary basis with a condition to terminate the appointment without giving any prior notice and the candidate should not make a claim for any university service.
Date of Written Test and Interview
18.11.2019 at 10AM for verification of certificates followed by written test
2 PM for interview
For further details contact:
The Principal Investigator
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
Madras Veterinary College,
Chennai 600 007
Phone: +91-44-25304000 Extn.:
Mobile No.: +91-7401044080
See All Other Jobs in our Database