Vacancy for Assistant Manager in Production at Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices & Diagnostics, which are independently managed and report into their respective Global business segments. J&J Medical India (JJMI) is the market leader in the Medical Company Devices & Diagnostics Industry in India. It is in the business of caring and providing solutions to doctors, patients and nurses. It comprises of multiple Franchises (Strategic business units) providing healthcare solutions across Orthopaedics, Infection Prevention, Wound Management, Women’s health, minimally invasive surgery, Circulatory disease management.
Post : Assistant Manager- Production
• The Line Supervisor is accountable for the overall results of the assigned line / area.
• Provides direction, guidance and leadership to the team leaders and associates in the line / area.
• Ensures production flow, on-time resolving manufacturing issues and adherence to production orders and schedules.
• Ensures the operational execution in assigned line/area is in compliance with external regulations and internal standards/procedures.
• Handles all aspects of managing personnel including hiring and termination of associates. Ensures discipline of manufacturing staff/associates
• Ensures and drives enhancements towards a Culture of Quality, Compliance, Safety and Continuous Improvement in the assigned area / line
• Evaluates performance and provides feedback. Implements disciplinary actions as necessary
Skill and Behavioral
• Applies understanding of cycle time, throughput, labor efficiency, and related concepts to drive alignment with overall Production Plan to ensure raw materials are in place to support production
• Demonstrates ability to take appropriate corrective action to resolve discrepancies and maintain production balance after reviewing actual performance as compared to plan
• Demonstrates understanding of the impact of equipment downtime and adjusts daily production plans accordingly
• Demonstrates ability to audit and implement corrective action when lapses related to regulatory and compliance requirements are identified
• Demonstrates understanding of health and safety requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) regulatory requirements
• Leverages understanding of the Quality Control function, including quality requirements, objectives, and processes to assist in the resolution of production quality issues
• Draws insights from failure analysis to identify root causes and recommend corrective actions
• Demonstrates ability to oversee the process of collecting and reporting quality data•
• Demonstrates ability to understand process controls and monitor / track critical process measures
Production Cost Management:
• Demonstrates understanding of the need for cost management and its importance for customers and consumers
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of product costs (i.e. COGS), Design to Value concepts, and key levers that impact improvement or degradation in cost performance
Production Equipment and Engineering Basics:
• Understanding of basic technology used in all production Equipment’s used in the shop floor.
• Can understand cause of day to day normal equipment failure and able to correct the same with /without support from Engineering team
• Can provide input to the Operator /Engineering team for modification / Improvement
• Applies understanding of preventative maintenance schedules to support timely and efficient upkeep of equipment to minimize plant downtime
• Demonstrates ability to track the maintenance schedule, work completed and results. Applies knowledge of basic safety procedures (i.e. electrical lock-out, enclosed space entry, harness usage, etc.)
• Degree of engineering from reputed institute. (Prod. Engineering, Chem. Engineering, Mech. Engineering) AND Experience: Min. 6+ years of relevant experience.
• B. Pharm / BSc-Chemistry / FDA and 8+ Years of relevant experience.
• Post Graduate MBA / Certification as approved technical staff preferred.
Experience : 6+ years
Qualification : B. Sc./ B. Pharm
Location : Bihar, Aurangabad
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Production
End Date : 25th December, 2018
See All Other Jobs in our Database