The Institute for Stem Cell Science and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), is a state-of-the-art research institute in Bangalore, India, dedicated to the study of stem cells and regenerative biology with translational emphasis. An autonomous institute funded by the Dept. of Biotechnology (DBT), Govt. of India, inStem’s research structure is built on a core of collaborative research with a thematic focus. inStem’s mandate to allow this cross-disciplinary, multi-pronged approach to research, straddles the divide between clinical and laboratory research.
Seeking a highly motivated Facility Assistant (MGEF Facility) to support the Mouse Genome Engineering Facility (MGEF) as a molecular biologist as well as laboratory animals- assisted reproductive technologies.
Post : Facility Assistant
The Mouse Genome Engineering Facility is a well-equipped state-of-the-art functional facility for the generation of transgenic and gene-edited mouse models. The main operational domains of the MGEF Facility are : 1) using the latest gene-editing tools and technologies to generate customized new mouse models; 2) mouse sperm and embryo cryo-banking services; 3) access to the latest mouse-assisted reproductive technologies to maintain and recover complicated mouse lines; 4) training & workshops.
Qualification & Experience : BE / B.Tech / M.Pharma / Masters in any biological sciences with prior experience in handling of laboratory mice/rats, knowledge/experience in sperm and embryo handling is desirable. Excellent organization, recordkeeping, and English communication skills are essential.
• Coordinate and participate in the daily operations of the mouse genome engineering facility for managing and executing molecular biology activities related to mice model generation
• Experience in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, DNA/RNA extraction, gel electrophoresis, genotyping
• Perform molecular cloning, and gene-targeted vector construction for mice model generation
• Basic understanding of CRISPR technology, designing strategies for the generation of CRISPR-mediated animal model generation, In house CRISPR guide synthesis and validation
• Experience in rederivation, In Vitro Fertilization, genotyping, Mouse sperm and embryo cryopreservation and breeding services
• Colony management, post-surgical animal monitoring and care
• Maintenance of cryo database on animal Colony management software
• Accurate recording keeping as per Standard Operative Procedures.
• Communicating project status and results with clients.
Pay Scale : As per Govt. norms based on experience and qualification
Application Fee : Nil
Mode of Application : Only online applications will be accepted. Applications received through any other mode shall stand rejected automatically.
Candidates MUST send an updated CV/resume AND a MANDATORY one-page COVER LETTER written by the candidate describing your background and the reason and interest for applying to this position. Save the CV and Cover letter as one file and upload in the space provided for CV.
Any issue while applying online may be addressed to email@example.com. Shortlisted applicants will be informed by E-mail and will be interviewed via in-person / electronic mode, depending on the location of the candidate.
Please note that candidates applying without a proper cover letter will NOT be considered.
Last date of receipt of application : 12.06.2023
See All Other Jobs in our Database