Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), is a Dept. of Biotechnology (Govt. of India) initiative and a not for profit organization based in Bangalore. We act as an enabler of Bioscience Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship by providing Research, Development, Training and Services in State Of The Art Technology Platforms. As a part C-CAMP's mandate of promoting entrepreneurship and innovation, C-CAMP has created and fostered an entrepreneur-friendly culture in and around academic/research environment through its involvement in seed funding schemes for Startups, Entrepreneur Mentorship program and Bio-incubation facility.
Post : Mouse Genome Engineering Facility Assistant
About The Post
The Bangalore Bio-Cluster Mouse Genome Engineering Facility is a well-equipped state-of-the-art functional facility for the generation of transgenic and gene-edited mouse models. Our commitment is to provide animal model resources to all members of the Bangalore Biocluster, including the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), the Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), the Tata Institute for Genetics and Society (TIGS), and the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), as well as to researchers nationwide. The main operational domains of the MGEF Facility are: 1) using the latest gene-editing tools and technologies to generate customized new mouse models; 2) mouse sperm and embryo cryo-banking services; 3) access to the latest mouse-assisted reproductive technologies to maintain and recover complicated mouse lines; 4) training & workshops. We are seeking a highly motivated Facility Assistant (MGEF Facility) to support the Mouse Genome Engineering Facility (MGEF) as a molecular biologist as well as laboratory animals-assisted reproductive technologies. This is a contractual position and the current tenure will be till 31 March 2024. Further extn will be based on the performance evaluation .
Qualification & Experience :
BE / B.Tech / M.Pharma / Masters in any biological sciences with prior experience in handling of laboratory mice/rats, knowledge/experience in sperm and embryo handling is desirable. Excellent organization, record keeping, and English communication skills are essential.
Job Responsibilities :
• Coordinate and participate in the daily operations of the mouse genome engineering facility for managing and executing molecular biology activities related to mice model generation
• Experience in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, DNA/RNA extraction, gel electrophoresis, genotyping
• Perform molecular cloning, and gene-targeted vector construction for mice model generation
• Basic understanding of CRISPR technology, designing strategies for the generation of CRISPR-mediated animal model generation, In house CRISPR guide synthesis and validation
• Experience in rederivation, In Vitro Fertilization, genotyping, Mouse sperm and embryo cryopreservation and breeding services
• Colony management, post-surgical animal monitoring and care
• Maintenance of cryo database on animal Colony management software
• Accurate recording keeping as per Standard Operative Procedures.
• Communicating project status and results with clients.
Pay Scale : Based on experience and qualification.
How to Apply
Candidates MUST send an updated CV/resume AND a MANDATORY one-page COVER LETTER to [email protected].in describing your background and the reason and interest for applying to this position. Please note that candidates applying without a proper cover letter will NOT be considered.
Last date is 03 June 2023
See all Hyderabad Alerts M.Pharm Alerts M.Sc Alerts Ph.D Alerts
See All Other Jobs in our Database