The National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Thiruvananthapuram, is a constituent Laboratory of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research(CSIR). Initially established in 1975 as a CSIR Complex, it was named as the Regional Research Laboratory in 1978 and later renamed as NIIST in 2007. Its mandate is to conduct research and development activities of the highest quality in areas related to effective utilization of resources of the region and of fundamental importance to the country. Currently, NIIST is engaged in R & D programmes in areas related to Agro-processing and technology, Chemical Sciences and technology, Materials Science and Technology, Microbial processes & technology, Environmental Technology.
Project Associate – II
No of Post : CSTD-1
Post Code : One
Essential Qualification : M.Sc in Chemistry / Biochemistry from a recognized university or equivalent with two years’ research experience.
Desirable : Valid CSIR-UGC NET / GATE Score.
Monthly Stipend : Rs. 35,000/-+ 16% HRA for who possess valid CSIR-UGC NET Score (including lectureship) or valid GATE score. Rs. 28,000/- +16% HRA for who do not fulfill the above.
Age Limit : 35 Years
Project Associate – I
No of Post : ETD-1
Post Code : One
Essential Qualification : M.Sc in Biotechnology/ Biological Science OR B.Tech Civil / Mechanical Engineering. Desirable : Research / Work experience in waste water treatment or bioremediation..
Monthly Stipend : Rs. 31,000/-+ 16% HRA for who possess valid CSIR-UGC NET Score (including lectureship) or valid GATE score. Rs. 25,000/- +16% HRA for who do not fulfill the above
Age Limit : 35 Years
• Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically handicapped and female candidates applicable as per GOI/CSIR Rules. The date for determining the upper age limit, qualification and experience will be the closing date of online application i.e. 24-05-2021.
• The above posts are tenable till the duration of project.
• Candidates should submit separate application for each post indicating the Post Code. Incomplete and late application will not be considered. Bringing in any influence, political or otherwise shall disqualify the candidates.
• The duly constituted Screening Committee will adopt its own criteria for short-listing the candidates. The candidates should therefore, mention in the application all the qualification and experiences in the relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualification supported with documents.
Mode of Selection
• The shortlisted candidates will be called for ONLINE INTERVIEW. The date and time of online interview will be notified in our website niist.res.in in due course.
• Interim enquiries will not be attended to. How to apply
• Eligible candidates are required to apply on-line through CSIR-NIIST website niist.res.in/english/category/careers/temporary-positions only. No other mode of application will be accepted.
• On-line application link will be available from 18-05-2021, 05.30 PM to 24-05-2021, 5.30 PM.
• In case of Universities/Institute awarding CGPA/SGPA/OGPA grades etc., candidates are requested to convert the same into percentage based on the formula as per their university/institute. Candidates have to upload scanned copies of all certificates including educational qualification, experience, age and community. Incomplete applications will not be entertained and will be summarily rejected. Persons with disabilities (PwD) fulfilling the eligibility conditions prescribed under GOI instructions are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for Online Applications : 24-05-2021, 5:30 pm
See All Other Jobs in our Database