Himalaya began its journey at a time when herbal products were regarded with skepticism. But, our founder persevered to follow his dreams. Pawning his mother's bangles, he bought a hand-operated tableting machine.
Post : Associate – Agrotech Procurement
• Herbs procurement from suppliers across India.
• Identification and developing new suppliers and sources for procuring Herbal Raw Materials.
• Educating suppliers on adhering to quality in supply of HRM as per Himalayas specification.
• Field visits to the suppliers locations for quality checking, negotiation, training suppliers on GFCP (Good Field Collection Practices) and GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) and for auditing as per Himalayas quality systems.
• Developing and working with NGOs for sourcing of herbs.
• Developing cultivation sources for generally collected herbs.
• Coordinate with Transport office, liaising with forest department and other relevant agencies.
• M. Sc. - Agriculture / Botany / Forestry/ B.Pharm (Ayurveda) / M Pharm (Ayurveda) / MBA in Agri. Business Management after B.Sc. Agriculture. Any additional certification course / Diplomas on supply chain management, negotiation and other related subjects will be an added advantage.
• Not Less than 3 Years hands-on experience in procurement of conventional and Organic herbs.
• He should have knowledge in identification of Herbal raw materials and herbs suppliers' distribution across India.
• He should have knowledge in Herbal raw material quality, seasonality, cultivation techniques and suitable geography.
• Strong communication Skills (Written & Oral).
• Strong negotiation skills
• Willing to travel across India at relatively short notice.
• Languages: Hindi & English. Ability to communicate to North Indian suppliers. Knowing South Indian languages especially Kannada would be preferred.
• Experience in SAP based operations and proficiency in MS office is preferred.
• Should be a self-starter, with high degree of commitment, motivation, integrity and dependability.
Experience : Not Less than 3 Years
Qualification : B.Pharm, B.Sc, M.Sc, M.Pharm, MBA
Location : Bangalore/Bengaluru
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Agrotech Procurement
End Date : 15th June, 2021
See All Other Jobs in our Database