Recruitment for Research Associate at IISER
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having excellent academic record and relevant work experience for the following position purely on temporary and contractual basis under the funded project.
Post : Research Associate (RA)
Name of the Project : “Systems-wide analysis of membrane fission catalysts”
Funding Agency : Private Funding
Project Code : 33317323
Minimum educational Qualifications : Ph.D. in Biology / Life Sciences or equivalent discipline
Preference : Candidate with experience and training in Plasmodium as a model system having strong capabilities in setting up, managing and training students in Plasmodium culturing, microscopy and molecular biology will be preferred.
Tenure of the appointment : Initially for one year extendable for further period subject to satisfactory performance of incumbent and continuation of project.
Consolidated emoluments : Rs. 47,000/- + 24% HRA to Rs. 54,000/- + 24% HRA based on experience.
Age : Not more than 45 years as on closing date of advertisement.
1. The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
3. The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
5. The prescribed educational qualification is bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. Age relaxation commensurate with experience of the applicant may be considered with the prior approval of the competent authority.
7. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
8. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
9. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
10. Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 25, 2020. Please mention “Research Associate-Project Code: 33317323” in the subject line of the email.
• List of shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date, time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
• Recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected at the time of selection process. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of selection process for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies.
Last date of application : May 25, 2020
Date of Interview via Skype / Zoom : June 01, 2020 (Shortlisted candidates only)
Advt. No. 22/2020/IISER-P/Proj._Rect./12.05.2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database