Job for Junior Research Fellow at SSBS
Symbiosis School of Biological Sciences (SSBS) (formerly School of Biomedical sciences) was established as a new initiative of Symbiosis International University (SIU) in 2011 under the Faculty of Health and Biological Sciences (FOHBS) to address the need for a school devoted to training, research and development in the field of Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Healthcare. In the past, scientific research has given highly effective technologies for the prevention and control of human diseases.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited for the following post to be filled purely on temporary basis at Symbiosis School of Biological Sciences, Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune.
Project title : Study of gene expression markers for schizophrenia in Indian population.
Funding agency : Symbiosis International (Deemed University)
Minimum educational Qualifications / experience : M.Sc. in life sciences (with minimum 50% or CGPA 5/10)
Preference : Experience in Microarray analysis, RNA-sequencing analysis, WGCNA analysis
Stipend : Rs 25,000 per month
Tenure of the post : Initially for one year with one year extension subject to satisfactory progress and availability of funds.
Age : Not more than 25 years as on closing date of advertisement with 5 year relaxation in exceptional cases
1. Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the research project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in SIU, Pune.
3. Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project and SIU, Pune.
4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities/Institutions.
5. The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of these does not entitle candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. 6. No TA/DA will be provided for appearing for the interview.
7. Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
8. Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
HOW TO APPLY
• Eligible candidates are requested to send their CV along with necessary certificates/mark sheets/documents to email@example.com on or before 2 May 2020. No TA/DA will be provided if called for the interview.
• The shortlisted candidates will be informed about the interview date, time and venue by e-mail.
• Shortlisted candidates should carry recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. at the time of selection process. Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of selection process for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies.
See All Other Jobs in our Database