The Central University of Punjab, Bathinda (CUPB) was established in 2009 along with other new Central Universities by an Act of Parliament (No 25, of 2009). The University is now accredited with 'A' grade from NAAC. It is credited with highest per capita research funding. The university has a mission of providing wide range of instructional and research facilities across integrated and cross-disciplines, promote innovation in teaching, learning and research, and cross-pollinate new ideas, new technologies and new world-views. It aims to create an ignited workforce responsive to regional, national and global needs in tune with the requirements of academia, industry and business. The university started in a three-room Camp Office provided by the state administration in March 2009.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates in following departments for the posts of Assistant Professors (on purely temporary and contractual basis) / Guest faculty (on lecture basis).
No of Post : Contractual : 1-UR, 1-EWS, Guest Faculty : 1
Department : Pharmacology
Specialization Required : Pharmacology; Pharmaceutical/Pharmacological analytical techniques (for Guest Faculty)
Emoluments : Rs. 64500/- consolidated (per month) for Contractual Assistant Professor; and Rs.1500 per lecture subject to maximum of Rs. 50,000/- pm for Guest Faculty.
The qualification and experience required for teaching posts will be as per “UGC REGULATIONS ON MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT OF TEACHERS AND OTHER ACADEMIC STAFF IN UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES AND MEASURES FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS IN HIGHER EDUCATION, 2018 and subsequent amendments. However, Ph.D. in relevant field is desirable for all the posts of Assistant Professor. For the Department of Pharmacology qualification as per Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) guidelines is required for the posts of Assistant Professor.
i. Desirable qualifications for all subjects/departments/posts: PhD+NET and publications in peer reviewed and high impact journals is desirable.
ii. Subjects for which NET or a similar tests accredited by the UGC are not conducted then, the tests conducted by prescribed regulatory bodies like ICAR, AICTE(GATE, GPAT) etc. will be required in place of UGC-CSIR-NET.
iii. Medium of instructions for teaching is English, except in Department of Hindi and Department of Punjabi.
iv. Applicants for the posts of Assistant Professor to fill the shortlisting criteria strictly in the format provided in UGC Regulations-2018 at Table 3A of Appendix II.
v. Kindly note that in addition to the soft copy/online application, hard copy duly signed by the candidate is also required for technical reasons.
For More Info Go Next Page...
General Instructions And Essential Information
1. Candidates have to apply online at cup.edu.in on/before 27.05.2019 and send the hardcopy of online application alongwith enclosures to the University on/before 03.06.2019.
2. Any type of corrigendum/addendum/amendments/notice/updation etc. related to this advertisement shall be uploaded on University websites cup.ac.in; cup.edu.in only. Further, the university may not send any further information/call letters by post/newspapers. CUPB will not be responsible for invalid/wrong email ID and Mobile No. mentioned by the candidates. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the candidate to mention correct contact details and regularly check their e-mail, SMS and CUPB websites: cup.ac.in; cup.edu.in for updates.
3. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after issuing an appointment letter, the University reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicant.
4. Applicants not found suitable for Assistant Professor (Contractual) may be considered for Guest Faculty in the same area of specialization.
5. Separate application (along with application fee) should be filled online for each post applied for.
6. The reservations/relaxations to SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates will be provided as per the existing Govt. of India/UGC rules. The SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates must upload and attach the relevant certificate as per format prescribed by the Government of India. OBC certificate (Non Creamy Layer) should be issued on or after 01.04.2019. If the relevant certificates for respective reserved categories are not uploaded with the application, the application shall be rejected.
7. The applicants serving in Government/Semi-Government organizations/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations submit their application through proper channel. However to avoid delay they may send the advance copy. The candidate who do not apply through proper channel must submit NOC from their employer at time of Interview, failing which their candidature will not be considered.
8. The University may/may not draw reserve panel(s) against possible vacancies in future.
9. Applicants are required to bring the original documents at the interview.
10. Duties timing may be staggered and as decided by the university.
11. The university reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement or increase/decrease the number of post at any time without assigning any reason.
12. The right is also reserved with the university either to fill or not to fill the post. The decision of in this regard shall be final by the Competent Authority of the university.
13. All candidates are required to deposit Application fee on the online portal @ Rs. 100/- for each post, they apply. However, The SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from application fee.
14. Application fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances. Before applying for the post, candidates are advised to satisfy themselves about their eligibility. 15. Upper age limit, qualification and experience etc. will be counted as on closing date of online application.
16. The candidates having experience of working in Central/State Government universities will be preferred.
17. The candidates will not have any claim on regular position/absorption.
18. Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
19. Incomplete applications or without relevant supporting enclosures (self-attested copies of degree/certificates /marks sheets/experience certificate, etc.) will be out-rightly rejected.
20. In case of disputes/suites or legal proceedings against the university, the Jurisdiction shall be confined to the Court of Bathinda or Punjab and Haryana High Court Chandigarh only.
21. The eligible candidate shall attend the interview at the designated place and time at his/her own expenses. However, the outstation eligible candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ PwD categories shall be reimbursed to and fro rail fare (sleeper class) for self only. In case any station is not connected by rail, ordinary bus fare (shortest route) shall be paid on production of ticket. However, fare for first 30 KM of the journey shall not be reimbursed. The above mentioned concessions shall not be admissible to those SC/ ST/ PwD candidates who are already in Central/ State Government Service or holding any other employment.
22. Suppression of factual information, supply of fake documents, providing false or misleading information or any other undesirable action by the candidate shall lead to cancellation of his /her candidature. In case, it is detected at any point of time in future even after appointment that the candidate was not eligible as per the prescribed qualification, experience etc. which could not be detected at the time of written test/ interview due to whatever circumstances, his/her appointment shall be liable to be terminated forthwith as per this clause and also based on his/her undertaking.
23. The University will get verified all the certificates in support of qualification, experience etc. submitted by candidates, from the issuing authority. If any document is found to be false/ fake/ incorrect/ malafide at any stage of verification before or after appointment, the document in question shall be summarily rejected which shall lead to termination of his/her appointment, if already appointed and action may be initiated against the candidate for this misconduct as per rules.
24. The University shall not be responsible for any postal delay. Applications, received late, incomplete or without signature, fee and other enclosures, will be summarily rejected.
For any further query contact:
Administrative Block, City Campus
Central university of Punjab, Bathinda-151001
Advertisement No. CUPB/19-20/02 (Dated:13.05.2019)
Last Date to apply online : 27.05.2019 (23:59 hours)
Last date to received hardcopy of online application form: 03.06.2019 (17:00 hours)
See All Other Jobs in our Database