Job as Data Manager at Tata Translational Cancer Research Centre
The Tata Medical Center (TMC) is a not-for-profit specialist multidisciplinary cancer centre. The Tata Translational Cancer Research Centre (TTCRC) is the research arm of TMC. The research vision of TTCRC is to improve outcomes and decrease treatment burden for patients with cancer in India. In line with this vision, TTCRC carries out research studies aimed at improving cancer diagnosis, modernising treatment practice, and developing innovative and cost-effective treatment strategies. At TTCRC, all research studies are linked to clinical programmes. High quality data is integral to TTCRC’s research studies and Data Managers play a key role in this regard.
Post: Data Manager at Tata Translational Cancer Research Centre (TTCRC), the research arm of the Tata Medical Center
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be part of TTCRC’s Clinical Trials Unit.
- You will work closely with clinical departments, specifically the department of Paediatric Haematology-Oncology.
- Your will be for responsible for active systematic data collection, data organisation, periodic data revision, data analysis and reporting. Data organisation will include the use of resources such as spreadsheets, databases and electronic data capture systems. - You will be managing project timelines, quality issues and justify out-of-scope
- You will coordinate with other team members within or outside the department on assigned studies. Data collection will require close interactions with medical and nursing teams and regular review of hospital medical records (both electronic and print) and other sources such as patient handheld records.
- You will function as the vital link between clinical and laboratory teams, especially in bio specimen banking and clinical annotation of samples for research studies.
- Your paramount role is to ensure data security, in keeping with Good Clinical Practice guidelines
The position will provide a wealth of experience and opportunity, some of which include
- Experience in comprehensive data management and an understanding of its integral role in improving patient outcomes
- Management and organisational skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary research team - Understanding the research process, the regulatory requirements of health research and the paramount importance of patient safety
- Skills in data analysis and reporting
- Opportunity to innovate and investigate novel solutions in data management
- Opportunity to conduct research and contribute to research discoveries
- Opportunity to explore further academic training
Supervision and performance appraisal
You will report to the Clinical Trials Unit Manager and will be responsible to the Director of TTCRC (Prof Vaskar Saha)
Salary will be based on institutional scale for the position and start pay on the scale will be determined based on professional qualification and experience
Bachelor’s degree in clinical, biological, statistical or mathematical sciences or related field
- Master degree in clinical, biological, statistical or mathematical sciences; or
- Certification in Clinical Research / Clinical trials / Pharmacovigilance / Clinical data management; or
- Previous experience in similar fields - Computer literate, including strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project)
- Familiarity with descriptive and analytical statistics and use of software packages for preparation of tables, charts and presentations
The position requires dedication, enthusiasm and commitment. The work will require flexibility in work timings and the ability to work independently and handle tight deadlines. The candidate must appreciate the paramount importance of patient safety in clinical research and function with that awareness. The work will be challenging and require the candidate to continually acquire skills, including data handling skills, communication, and teamsmanship. The candidate will need to relish these challenges and welcome the learning experience.
Applications to: Mr. Suvasish Mukherjee, Head-Human Resources,
Tata Medical Center, 14 MAR (EW), New Town,
Kolkata – 700160. Email – email@example.com
See All Other Jobs in our Database