NIPER, Kolkata was established in 2007 under the aegis of Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers as a Centre of Excellence for higher education, research and development in pharmaceutical sciences. The Institute was declared as an Institute of National importance by Government of India through the Act of Parliament (NIPER Act 1998 & NIPER amendment Act 2007). We are proud of preparing dynamic leaders, who make a difference to the world, with the skills that are nurtured here for a better tomorrow.
Post : Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Applications are invited from the Indian citizens for filling up the following post of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) under the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) sponsored purely time bound project undertaken in the Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, NIPER Kolkata.
Description of the project : The project involves the study of Type 2 Diabetes associated cognitive decline: Molecular pathways and intervention strategies.
Project duration : 1 year (extendable subject to the satisfactory performance)
Principal investigator : Dr. V. Ravichandiran
Co-Investigators : Dr Sugato Banerjee and Dr Somasundaram Arumugam
Essential qualifications : M.S (Pharm) / M.Pharm in Pharmacology/Toxicology or equivalent with minimum of 55% marks or equivalent CGPA. GPAT/NET/GATE qualified candidate will be preferred.
Age limit : Not more than 30 years as on the date of advertisement.
Salary : Rs. 31,000 fixed per month + Admissible HRA.
Relaxation on qualification and age : SC / ST / OBC / WOMEN / PWD candidates will get relaxation as per Govt. of India Rules.
Date of the Interview : The shortlisted candidates will be informed by email about the interview date.
Terms and conditions
1. The above position is purely contractual and initially for a period of 1 year. The continuation of the fellowship is subjected to satisfactory performance and review at the end of the year. On satisfactory performance, the tenure of the fellowship may be further extended.
2. Selected candidate will not be entitled to claim for regular appointment/absorption in the institute.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
4. Candidates reaching after specified time may not be entertained.
5. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidature.
How to apply
Candidate should apply with their CV, attested copies of relevant certificates / marksheets, experience certificates, etc. via email to [email protected] till the position is filled, with the subject marked as “Application for JRF-ICMR position”.
The Last date for submission of applications is 15th March, 2023
See All Kolkata Alerts M.Pharm Alerts M.Sc Alerts Ph.D Alerts
See All Other Jobs in our Database