The National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) is an autonomous institution of Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, for a mandate of basic research, teaching & training, and as a national repository for cell lines/hybridomas etc. The Centre located in the midst of academically enriched environment of Savitribai Phule Pune University Campus, Pune. NCCS invites applications for following posts on various extramural projects purely on temporary basis.
Post : R&D Consultant
Name of the Project : Establishment of GMP-compliant National Repository for banking, safe deposit and supply of characterised mammalian cells for use in biopharma.
Name of the PI : Dr. Punam Nagvenkar
Essential Qualification & Experience : Post-graduate in Industrial Biotechnology / Engineering and MBA with 15-20 years of experience in Biopharmaceutical industry evidenced by work experience certificates. Must have previous experience of working in managing Biopharmaceutical sites/facilities involving operations, regulatory, quality, projects and engineering.
Desirable Experience : Work experience in projects for biosimilar facility/labs in biopharma/biotech industry. Should have thorough knowledge on ICH, USFDA, EU guidelines essential for setting up and qualification of facility. Should have good connects nationally and internationally. Should have both technical and business knowledge. Should have overall management experience.
Job Profile : The incumbent will drive the project in association with NCCS project head to ensure that consultants are aligned with the objectives. Will review RFP, RFQ, RFIs and engineering contracts. Will participate in technical, equipment selection, cGMP regulatory compliance & quality management activities including advising, monitoring and correcting GMP functional area. Will provide support for smooth project execution of cGMP-compliant facility without time and cost overrun. Timely execution of the work would be required. Must be willing to travel. Overall Project management and project site management for prompt execution.
Project Tenure : Up to 25.11.2023
Total Monthly Emoluments : Rs. 2,00,000/-
Age limit : Not more than 50 years as on last date of application.
A) Eligible candidates are required to apply ONLINE only through our website.
B) The application should be submitted online on or before 27th March 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
C) Link to apply : nccs.res.in/Career/6
D) Candidate should have a valid email before applying online. All mandatory fields must be filled in. E) Scanned photo/signature in JPG/JPEG format only. (File Size less than 2MB)
F) Readable scanned copies of certificates - SSC, HSC, Graduation, Masters, etc. (PDF File - Size less than 2MB) G) SC/ST/OBC candidates must produce proof of their caste certificate from appropriate authority. (PDF File - Size less than 2MB) H) In addition, OBC candidates must also produce latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed form for claiming the reservation benefits. (PDF File - Size less than 2MB)
I) A proof of date of birth must be uploaded. Please see Annexure A (PDF File - Size less than 2MB)
Documents Check List
• Recent passport size photograph
• Mark sheets for essential qualifying degree
• Essential qualifying degree certificate
• Work experience certificates
• Caste Certificate, Latest/valid non-creamy layer certificate, if applicable.
• Proof of date of birth (Please see Annexure A)
List of shortlisted candidates for interview selection process with details of date, time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and Interview details for Shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only.
The selected candidate at the time of joining must bring all the original and self-attested certificates in support of date of Birth, Educational Qualifications, Work Experience, Details of the Exams passed (10th onwards), Caste Certificate, if any and other relevant documents for the purpose of verification, along with one set of photocopies. The duration of offer will be determined based on fund availability.
Other important Points
1. The Director, NCCS reserves the right to enhance/reduce the number of post/s and also cancel the recruitment process. Additional percentage and experience cut-off will be applied during the screening process, if required.
2. The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for online interview. The Centre reserves the right to call for online interview only those candidates who in its opinion are likely to be suitable.
3. Number of candidates to be called for the interview may be restricted to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and desirable experience over and above the minimum prescribed, in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying. No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on this matter.
4. The above advertised positions are filled up purely on temporary basis for the limited time period on the extramural projects funded by various funding agencies. The position will automatically co-terminus on the completion of the project tenure. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in funding agency or in NCCS, Pune.
5. Fellowship / Emoluments : Emoluments to the research personnel engaged under project will be made in accordance with the sanction order.
6. Age limit will be considered as on closing date of receipt of application. Age relaxation of 5 years in case of Women/SC/ST/PH candidates and 3 years in case of OBC candidates will be given as per Government of India rules. Reservation as per Govt, of India norms will be followed.
7. Age & Experience may be relaxed in exceptional cases by the Competent Authority.
8. Canvassing in any form and/or bringing in any influence will be treated as disqualification for the post.
9. The posts advertised shall be need based without any commitment for its filling.
10. Selected candidates will have to join duty within one month of the receipt of offer of appointment.
See All Other Jobs in our Database