Vacancies under DBT-BIRAC for M.Pharm, M.Sc as Program Officer | Salary upto Rs 75,000/- pm
About the Mission
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance. The Mission Programme is a Pan-India Programme with the main aim of making India a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions. This Program would aid in enhancing India’s innovation research and product development capabilities, especially by focusing on development of vaccines, biologics and medical devices for combating public health concerns. The Program would aid academic researchers (through enhancing their translation capability); empower bio-entrepreneurs and SMEs (by decreased cost and risk during early stages of product development) and the industry (by elevating their innovation quotient). Anticipated long term impact would benefit the Indian population at large benefit due to availability of affordable solutions and products relevant to Indian health needs.
About the Implementation Agency:
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, and Government of India has been entrusted the responsibility of implementing this Program. It will house the Program Management Unit (PMU) that would work as an operational and functional arm to oversee and monitor program implementation.
Program Officer/Senior Program Officer : Epidemiology (PO-01)
No of post : One Post Only
Position Summary & Responsibilities :
The Program officer (PO) will serve in the Program Management Unit for the National Biopharma Mission program (NBM) at BIRAC. Reporting to the Program Manager, PMU the PO will get opportunity to contribute to establishment of population-based field sites for studying epidemiology of diseases so as to prepare the sites for conduct of vaccine clinical trials in future. The PO will be responsible for interacting with all the applicants funded under NBM for establishing the demographic surveillance sites and also monitoring the implementation of a common protocol to study Incidence of disease of interest. The PO will also be expected to manage the grants/contracts as part of a team for various projects supported under the Mission.
• Coordinating with stakeholders involved in establishing field sites which will also include coordination with the IT platform
• Responsibilities for Implementation of the Mission Program which includes Ensuring monitoring of all grantees of your focus area by experts both technical and financial, working closely with the Scientific and Technical Advisory groups for project review and supervising grant management activities.
• Working with Legal and Finance to get all necessary Contracts and Agreements ready.
• Coordination and administration of all aspects of new and ongoing projects including planning and implementation.
• Ensure timely execution of all activities.
• Responsible for supporting the organization of investigators meetings, Interaction and Advisory Group Discussion including international conferences and workshops.
• In addition to scientific expertise, the Program office must also bring in passion, humility, and critical thinking for the unique problems and the questions relevant to BIRAC’s mission.
• Prepare and implement an effective communication and outreach strategy.
• To work and communicate with grantees and key stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience
• M.Sc in Life Sciences / Biological Sciences/MBBS with atleast 2 to 4 years of work experience (2 years for Program Officer and 4 years for Senior Program Officer)
• Masters in Public Health (MPH) or Diploma in epidemiology.
• Experience in population based observational or interventional studies
• Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills in positions requiring communications in a broad and diverse audience on a range of complex technical issues.
• Demonstrated strong planning and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated capacity and Experience to handle collaboration within an organization and with external partners, as well as ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy as part of a team effort.
• Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
* Proactive and flexible nature with reliable follow-through and attention to detail.
* Ability to work both independently and in a cooperative and collegial fashion.
* Ability and willingness to travel domestic and international.
Age Limit : 30 Years for Programme Officer and 35 Years for Senior Programme Officer
Salary : Consolidated remuneration of Rs. 60,000/- for Programme Officer and Rs. 75,000/- for Senior Programme Officer
For More Info Go Next Page...