Work as Associate Consultant in Health Economics Modelling at PAREXEL
PAREXEL has supported the Bio-Tech and Pharmaceutical industries in helping the development of new drugs and treatments on a global basis. As a leading global biopharmaceutical service provider, they supply knowledge-based contract research, medical communications and consulting services across a broad range of therapeutic areas to the worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. They have helped over 800 clients to develop and launch some of the most important drugs and devices of our time-helping people live better and healthier lives everywhere in the world. Headquartered near Boston, Massachusetts, PAREXEL operates in more than 50 countries around the world.
Post : Associate Consultant, Health Economics Modelling
• The Health Economics Modelling Unit (HEMU) is a Business Unit within PAREXEL Access Consulting. HEMU is a dedicated unit with 30 staff based in the UK, US and Sweden, whose purpose is to provide health economics consultancy services to international pharmaceutical and medical devices companies.
• The unit focuses on the development of Health Technology Assessment compliant cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of drugs and devices. It will also include wider forms of modelling such as early economic models, payer value tools, and country adaptations.
• Projects may variously employ mathematical, statistical, economic and operational research modelling techniques applied to the evaluation of drugs and devices in a wide range of health conditions. The unit works closely with the other parts of PAREXEL Access Consulting including Evidence Review, and Pricing & Market Access which focus on systematic literature reviews, value communications, and HTA dossier development.
• Experience of designing and building health economics models from model concept (cost-effectiveness or budget impact models)
• Extensive experience in the adaptation of cost-effectiveness or budget impact models
• Research skills with specific focus on the sourcing of data inputs for economic models
• Strong time management skills and can effectively work on 2-3 projects at a time
• BSc degree in life sciences
• Fluent English, another European language will be an asset
• Postgraduate qualification (PhD/PharmD/MSc) in health economics, medical statistics, epidemiology, mathematical modelling or related subjects
• Experience with Health Technology Assessment submissions within the UK and abroad
• Therapeutic experience in oncology, cardiovascular, and autoimmune disease
• A high degree of written accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience of designing and delivering high quality modelling work in health economics/outcomes research
• Communication skills, especially in relaying technical information
• Self-motivation, ambition and flexibility
• Project/time management within a team
• Fluent English, additional language will be an asset
• Strong computing skills: MS Office and software related to health economic modelling (e.g. Stata, R, WinBUGS, VBA, SAS)
Education: B.Sc, Ph.D, Pharm.D, M.Sc
Industry Type: Pharma/ Biotech/Clinical Research
Job ID : 51321BR
End Date: 10th April, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database