Recruitment of Regional Manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $13 billion, we have approximately 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity™ Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management.
Post : Regional Manager North, Genetic Science and Clinical Science Division
The scope of this position is to grow, manage, control and assure profitability of the team’s Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) and Clinical Sciences Division (CSD) sales within the Life Sciences Solution Group (LSG). This includes building the strategy, direct supervision, development and training of the field sales team, managing the channels as well as building executive relationships with key customers.
- Responsible to grow GSD/CSD business by effectively managing and developing customer relationships and Instrument sales team in south and thus increase sales from the customers in the assigned territory.
- Collaborates with marketing team to create more and more awareness of market.
- Responsible for preparation of Sales Forecasts, effective trend analysis and drive achievement. Follows up diligently on leads received from other areas/divisions of the organization.
- Meet AOP numbers and achieves annual sales and gross margin targets; operates within expense budget guidelines & policies.
- Functions as a segment expert; understands market issues & trends impacting the segment of the market & brings Strategic direction to grow the business of assign area
- Leverage Thermo Fisher Connections including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Lead Business development initiatives in the Region, with aim of improving Market Share in major /key accounts.
- Drive visibility and accountability through improved sales pipeline, forecast management and leverage sales tools for pipeline updates & tracking
• 4-year BS degree, preferably in a science discipline
• Graduate degree in Science / Management preferred
• 12+ years of field sales experience of which 5+ years in leading a sales team
• Experience in sales of scientific solutions to (preferably) Life Science Research (Govt & Academics) and/or Pharmaceutical, BioPharma, Healthcare segments
• Proven ability to work/understand corporate culture, and navigate effectively
• Experience achieving challenging sales targets with accurate forecasting and solid sales fundamentals
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to travel at least 75%, to enable effective management of the vast territory
• Exhibits coaching/counseling ability skill set
• Team player
• Consistently follows up on items/tasks
• People motivator
• Performs consistently under pressure
• Consistent ability to effectively analyze detail
• Demonstrates consistent decisiveness (independent action)
• Always handles pressure/disappointment professionally
• Proven/developed leadership ability/credibility
• Customer/business-oriented (satisfaction)
• General understanding of sales financials
Experience : 4 years
Qualification : B.Sc
Location : New Delhi
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Genetic Science and Clinical Science
End Date : 20th April, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database