Working Opportunity at Merck Limited as Production Associate | Durham, USA
Merck Limited (formerly E. Merck Limited) was set up in India as the first Merck subsidiary in Asia in 1967. The Company operates both its Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals businesses in the country.
Merck was also the first Merck Group Company to go public in the year 1981. The Merck Group now holds 51% of the share capital in Merck Limited, while the remaining 49% is traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. Merck Specialities Pvt. Ltd., the wholly owned Indian subsidiary of Merck KGaA, was incorporated in 2005.
Post : Vaccine Manufacturing Facility Production Associate
• Working in conjunction with all appropriate personnel, performs manual and automated operations, general maintenance and support functions necessary for the production of vaccines.
• Provides all documentation and clerical functions necessary to allow proper accountability and traceability of product.
• Maintains, inventories, and transports all required equipment, materials, supplies and products. Ensures shipment criteria and timely availability and delivery.
• Performs general maintenance and assists in troubleshooting of equipment.
• Performs housekeeping in all work areas. Executes facility decontamination according to approved procedures.
• Completes sampling/in-process testing supporting the manufacturing and validation process for current process as well as developmental work for new products/processes as required.
• Identifies and addresses compliance, environmental, safety, and process deviations as appropriate while notifying appropriate personnel.
• Maintains, cleans and prepares equipment used in vaccine production.
• Schedules and performs environmental monitoring during processing and records results in the computerized database system.
• Provides timely delivery of sample and other materials as required to appropriate laboratories, coordinating with Quality and Logistics as required.
• Attends and actively participates in HAZOPS, waste walkthroughs, 5S, kaizen events, or any other operations, lean six-sigma, quality, safety or environmental training/initiatives as required.
• Serves on safety, quality and other committees as required.
• High School Diploma or higher
• Six months pharmaceutical production experience.
• Experience utilizing SAP in a manufacturing setting.
• Demonstrated use of Electronic Batch Records.
• Associate’s degree in Life Science or Engineering with at least 2 years relevant experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Science or Engineering.
• BioWorks Certificate (working in an FDA regulated industry).
• Must be willing and able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be willing to be vaccinated/blood tested for titer for products manufactured within the facility if needed.
• Must be willing to work various shifts.
Experience : 2 yrs
Industry Type : Pharma
Department : Vaccine Manufacturing Facility Production
Location : Durham, NC, US
See All Other Jobs in our Database