The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world. The ICMR has always attempted to address itself to the growing demands of scientific advances in biomedical research on the one hand, and to the need of finding practical solutions to the health problems of the country, on the other. The ICMR has come a long way from the days when it was known as the IRFA, but the Council is conscious of the fact that it still has miles to go in pursuit of scientific achievements as well as health targets.
ICMR intends to engage following Non-Institutional scientific project human resource positions, purely on temporary contract basis for its short-term research projects, being undertaken by CT & HSR unit of ECD Division at ICMR HQ
Project Research Scientist-II (One Post)
Essential Qualification : Post Graduate Degree (MD/MS/DNB) after MBBS with 01 year experience OR Postgraduate Diploma in Medical subjects after MBBS degree with 04 years experience in Medical subjects after MBBS degree
Consolidated emoluments (per month) : Rs.64,000/-
Max age limit : 40 Yrs.
Project Research Associate – III (One Post)
Essential Qualification : MPH / MS / M.Pharma / M.Tech with at least one research paper in Science citation indexed journal
Consolidated emoluments (per month) : Rs.54,000/- + HRA
Max age limit : 40 Yrs.
Project Consultant (Non-Medical) (One Post)
Essential Qualification : Ph.D. in Life Sciences with relevant experience and publications in peer reviewed journals.
Consolidated emoluments (per month) : Maximum Rs.1,00,000/- depending upon experience and knowledge
Max age limit : 70 Yrs.
General Terms and conditions: -
1. Number of positions may vary.
2. These positions are meant for temporary projects and co-terminus with the project.
3. Engagement of the above advertised Project Human Resource positions will depend upon availability of funds, functional requirements and approval of the competent authority. Therefore, we are not committed to fill up all the advertised Project Human Resource positions and the process is liable to be withdrawn / cancelled / modified at any time.
4. The rates of emoluments/stipend shown in this advertisement are project specific and may vary according to sanction of the funding agency of the Project.
5. Cut-off date for age limit will be as on the date of last date for submission of applications.
6. Age relaxation will be as per the guidelines of ICMR.
7. Reserved category candidates must produce their latest Caste Validity Certificate. OBC candidates must possess a latest valid non-creamy layer certificate. PWD candidates shall produce latest disability certificate issued by a Medical board of Government hospital with not less than 40% disability.
8. Separate application should be submitted for each position. Allotment of project to the successful candidates will be decided by the competent authority at its discretion.
9. Qualification & experience should be in relevant discipline / field and from an Institution of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
10. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
11. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible to apply.
12. No TA/DA will be paid to attend interview / personal discussion and candidates have to arrange transport / accommodation themselves.
13. ICMR reserves rights to consider or reject any application / candidature.
14. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
15. Project Human Resource cannot be permitted to register for Ph.D., due to time constraints.
16. Project Human Resource will normally be posted at the study site; however, they can be posted to any other sites in the interest of research work. They are liable to serve in any part of the country.
17. Project Human Resource shall not have any claim on a regular post in ICMR or in any of its Institutes/Centers or in any Department of Government of India and their project term with breaks or without breaks in any or multiple projects will not confer any right for further assignment or transfer to any other project or appointment / absorption / regularization of service in funding agency or in ICMR. Benefits of Provident Fund, Pension Scheme, Leave Travel Concession, Medical claim, Staff Quarters and other facilities applicable to the regular staff of ICMR etc. are not admissible to the project human resource.
18. Project Human Resource will normally be engaged initially for a period of one year or less, and continued further after annual review on the basis of their performance, depending upon the tenure of the project, availability of funds, functional requirements and approval of competent authority. The maximum term of any Project Human Resource in any or multiple projects, with breaks or without breaks shall be five years only. The concerned Project Investigator, Division Head and Head of the host Institute shall personally be responsible and accountable for the continuation / extension given if any without prior concurrence of the Director General, ICMR to any project human resource beyond five years either with or without breaks in any or multiple projects.
19. ICMR reserves the right to terminate the project human resource even during the agreed contract period or extended contract period without assigning any reason.
20. Leave shall be as per the ICMR’s policy for project human resource.
21. Candidate must submit his/her duly filled in application form in the prescribed format with a recent passport size color photograph along with a detailed bio-data/C.V. and all relevant documents; duly self-attested; in proof of his/her educational qualifications [all certificates and mark-sheets from 10th Std. onwards], working experience, age, caste and photo id [Aadhar Card/Indian Passport/PAN Card/Driving License] etc., within the schedule date and time for submission of application, failing which his/her candidature will not be considered. Late/Delayed/Incomplete/Unsigned applications will not be considered at all and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
22. ICMR reserves the right to cancel/modify the process at any time, at its discretion.
23. The decision of the DG, ICMR will be final and binding.
24. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
25. Corrigendum/addendum/further information; if any; in respect of this advertisement, will be published on our website only. Hence, the candidates are advised to see the website of ICMR regularly for further updates related to this advertisement.
Deserving candidates may send their applications in the prescribed form, duly filled in all respects along with all required supporting documents and certificates, duly self-attested, on the email: firstname.lastname@example.org within the schedule date and time for submission of applications, i.e. on or before 25 June 2021 up to 17:00 hours. Late / Delayed / Incomplete / Unsigned applications will not be considered and rejected straight away without any correspondence.
Candidates are therefore advised to submit their application well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of applications. ICMR will not be responsible if candidate fails to submit their application within time for any reason. Applications received within the stipulated date, time and complete in all respects will only be screened by the screening committee of ICMR to shortlist candidates for further process of engaging the above scientific project human resources. Candidature of successful candidates shall be subject to verification of all original documents by ICMR and fulfillment of required eligibility criteria in all respects of qualification, age and experience, etc.
See All Other Jobs in our Database