Recruitment for the post of Scientist & Joint Director at GBRC
Government of Gujarat has recognized the importance of the science of biotechnology and its potentiality. With the vision to develop biotechnology sector and to provide global level opportunities, research and development in the state, the government in the year 2004, established Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission (GSBTM) as a state nodal agency dedicated to biotechnology. It has taken another important leap with a vision to build biotechnology based research and development activities by establishing an independent organization namely, Gujarat Biotechnology Research Centre (GBRC) under the Department of Science and Technology.
Post : Scientist D & Joint Director
Education Qualification : (i) Ph.D. in Science/ Engineering/ Technology/ Veterinary Science/ Pharmacy in any subject mentioned in the Annexure- I to this advertisement from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or State or a Provincial Act in India; or any other educational institution recongised as such or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; and (ii) Master’s degree in Science/ Engineering/ Technology / Veterinary Science/ Pharmacy in any subject mentioned in the Annexure-I to this advertisement with at least 60% marks from any of the Universities established or incorporated by or under the Central or State or a Provincial Act in India; or any other educational institution recongised as such or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956;
Experience : Minimum 10 Years of experience in research and development activities in genomics or bioinformatics or conservation biotechnology or marine biotechnology or related areas of research and development.
Age : not be more than 50 years of age
Pay Scale : Rs 78,800-209200 (level-12) (7th pay scale)
Computer Knowledge : Candidate should have any basic knowledge about computer as per the syllabus decided by the Government Resolution No. - CRR / 10 3095/1903 30 / G.P of the General Administration Department of the State Government dated 18/09/2009. Must have certificate / marksheet or certificate of having computer as a subject in any degree or diploma course in computer knowledge in government recognized university or institute or having passed standard 10 or standard 12 examination with computer subject.
Languages : The candidate of languages should have sufficient knowledge of Gujarati or Hindi or both the languages.
(1) All proceedings regarding the recruitment process shall be undertaken by the GBRC and, where necessary, with the approval of the Chairman, Selection Committee. If any special issue arises during the entire recruitment process, the decision of the Chairman, Selection Committee and Secretary, Department of Science and Technology will be final.
(2) Cannot be withdrawn or modified after application.
(3) If the candidate has shown any details in the application form incorrectly, his application form will be canceled at any stage and even if he has got Qualifying Marks or the candidate has been selected, his candidature will be considered canceled.
(4) Employees of the Government of Gujarat may immediately apply for this advertisement. But the candidate has to report it to his / her department / office accurately and submit the proof of being informed when requested by GBRC.
(5) The GBRC shall have the sole right to cancel or change this Declaration for any reason and shall not be bound to give reasons for this. As well as the application fee paid in such circumstances will not be refundable.
Last date to receive online application 06/07/2020 till 13:00.
See All Other Jobs in our Database