Recruitment for Senior Scientific Officer at NIMHANS | Salary Rs 65,000/- pm
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences is a multidisciplinary Institute for patient care and academic pursuit in the frontier area of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences. The Lunatic Asylum which came into being in the latter part of the 19th Century was renamed as Mental Hospital in 1925 by the erstwhile Government of Mysore. This hospital and All India Institute of Mental Health established in 1954 by Government of India were amalgamated on 27th December 1974, and thus was formed the autonomous National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS). The priority gradiant adopted at the Institute is service, manpower development and research.
Post : Senior Scientific Officer
Educational Qualification : Ph.D in Life Sciences
Essential Experience : 02 Years with Technical expertise in Primary Culture maintenance of cell lines, all sterility techniques associated with running a tissue culture laboratory, immunocytochemistry, confocal microscopy, western bolt.
Desirable Experience : A minimum of two international publications demonstrating the research experience.
Upper Age limit : 40 years
Consolidated Pay : Rs. 65,000/- P.M.
Period : On contract basis for one year likely to be renewed for the 2nd & 3rd year depending upon the satisfactory performance of duties.
Nature of Work:
1. Maintaining the laboratory equipment, sterility of the culture environment.
2. Ordering all the consumables, equipment and infrastructure related items.
3. Keeping a stock register and maintaining inventory control.
4. Maintaining the stem cell lines and introducing newer techniques such as IPS.
5. Training the researchers in the field.
6. Carrying out other responsibilities given by the Officer- in charge from time to time.
1) The number of vacancies/category-wise vacancies may vary/likely to increase/ decrease at any stage of recruitment.
2) The official who has been worked on said post at this institute need not to apply.
Find More Info Go to Next Page...