Banaras Hindu University is an internationally reputed temple of learning, situated in the holy city of Varanasi. This Creative and innovative university was founded by the great nationalist leader, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya, in 1916 with cooperation of great personalities like Dr Annie Besant, who viewed it as the University of India. Banaras Hindu University was created under the Parliamentary legislation - B.H.U. Act 1915.
APPLICATIONS are invited from the Indian Citizens on the online form available at Recruitment and Assessment Cell portal of BHU for the post of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the University as per the Pay Scales indicated below.
Specialization : Naturopathy & Yoga Sciences
Department/Centre : For proposed Traditional Health Science in the discipline of Naturopathy & Yoga Sciences / M.Pharma.
For Post Code: (30131):
E.Q: a) A degree in Ayurveda from a University established by law or a statutory Board/Faculty/Examining Body of Indian Medicine or its equivalent as recognized under Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970. b) A Post-graduate qualification in the Master degree in naturopathy and Yoga after passing 5 ½ year bachelor degree in Naturopathy and Yoga/MD (Ayu) in Swasthvritta included in the schedule to the Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970. c) No teaching experience is required. Lecturer will be treated as Assistant Professor. (Age not exceeding 45 years).
D.Q.: Ph.D., papers published in standard journals.
Department/Centre : Pharmacology
For Post Code: (10010):
E.Q: M.D.(Pharmacology)/MBBS with Ph.D(Me.d.Pharmacology)/ M.Sc.(Med. Pharmacology) with Ph.D.(Med. Pharmacology)/ M.Sc.(Med. Pharmacology) with D.Sc.(Med. Pharmacology)
Department/Centre : Pharmacology
For Post Code: (20016):
E.Q: M.D.(Pharmacology)/MB BS with Ph.D(Med.Pharmacology)/ M.Sc.(Med. Pharmacology) with Ph.D.(Med. Pharmacology)/ M.Sc.(Med. Pharmacology) with D.Sc.(Med. Pharmacology)/ DNB (concerned speciality)
For more info on next page...
Department/Centre : Medicinal Chemistry
For Post Code: (30023):
E.Q: M.Pharm. (Pharmaceutical Chemistry).
D.Q.: For Post Code: (30023): Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
For Post Code: (30135)
Specialization : Pharmacology & Toxicology
Department/Centre : Department of Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
General Instructions to the Candidates
1. Banaras Hindu University is following the UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education 2010 and its subsequent amendments UGC (2nd Amendment), Regulations, 2013 and 3rd Amendment & 4th Amendment), Regulations, 2016 (hereinafter referred as UGC Regulations 2010) which have come in force w.e.f. 30-6-2010. Accordingly, for teachers in the Faculties of Agriculture and Veterinary Science, the norms/regulations of Indian Council of Agricultural Research; for Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing and AYUSH, the norms/Regulations of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India; for Faculty of Education, the norms/Regulations formulated in consultations with National Council of Teacher Education; for Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and Management/Business Administration, the norms/Regulations formulated in consultations with All India Council for Technical Education; and for the qualifications in the field of rehabilitation and special education at Degree, PG Diploma and Masters level, the norms/Regulations formulated in consultations with Rehabilitation Council of India, shall apply.
2. The composite rolling advertisement will remain alive all the time and will be updated every time when a new vacancy is created or when the earlier advertised positions are filled up by selection. The prospective applicants, therefore, can apply anytime of the year, but the applications will be processed after the cutoff dates indicated beforehand on the website.
3. There shall be two cutoff dates in a calendar year, 6 months apart. The applications received till the cutoff date shall be processed further for shortlisting and conduct of selection committee. Applications received after the cutoff date shall be processed further during the next round of selection process subject to the condition that the vacancy continues in the composite rolling advertisement after completion of the selection process in hand. However, the University can further process even the applications received after the aforesaid prescribed cutoff date for the ensuing round of selection, from Candidates who obtain a "Quality Score" of 70 or above on a 100 point scale. For description of quality score, please refer to the shortlisting guidelines.
4. Online mode of submission of applications shall be essential. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the minimum essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
5. Applicants shall first register on the Recruitment & Assessment Cell portal on the BHU website, after which, they can fill up the prescribed electronic application form online. Separate applications shall be submitted for different positions.
6. Before starting to fill up the form, please ensure keeping ready a digital copy of passport size photograph in JPEG format not exceeding 50 kb in file size and digital copies of some best publications, if any, for up-loading.
7. While filling the online application, if the browser closes unexpectedly or if the candidate is logged out, he/she may use the login information sent to his/her email to login again.
8. Please ensure to enter all your research publications and other Academic/Research contributions in the online application. Only the information entered in the online applications will be taken into account for deciding eligibility and/or shortlisting. Uploading digital copies of publications is optional. Filling all mandatory fields is required to make your application Complete.
9. Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be REJECTED.
10. There are several Tabs in your application. After completing each tab, you should click on “Save and Proceed” button to save the information and move to the next tab. Completing all tabs is necessary. After filling all tabs, the candidate can finally submit his application. Please note that you cannot make any changes after that.
11. In case of any technical problems, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. On successful submission of your form you can pay on- line application fee day of form submission on the next day and the applicant will get a link download a PDF on next day of fee payment, which he/she will have to print and send to BHU after signing it and having it forwarded by his employer, if any, enclosing therewith the copies of the relevant certificates and documents, so as to reach BHU by the cutoff date.
13. On successful submission, the applicant will come across a link to download a PDF of the application, which he/she will have to print and send to BHU after signing it and having it forwarded by his employer, if any, enclosing therewith the copies of the relevant certificates and documents, so as to reach BHU by the cutoff date.
For more info on next page...
14. Please note that sending the duly signed printout of the PDF alongwith all enclosures is mandatory without which the applications may not be considered for further processing. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview. Applicants having higher qualification and merit will be given preference. Candidates must send self-attested copies of certificates and mark-sheets from matriculation (10th Standard) onwards in support of their qualifications and reprints of publications and certificates in support of their API score claimed (for teaching positions) for the post alongwith the hard copy of the application form.
15. Applicants may update their qualifications and other academic achievements, etc. (for API/Quality score) by logging-in in the portal using their login ID and Password till cutoff date as prescribed under the particular Rolling Advertisement. Applicants are not allowed to update their application beyond the cutoff date. However, if the post remains unfilled till the next cut-off date, the candidates will be permitted to update their applications by the cutoff date. The eligibility of candidate for a particular round of selection shall be decided as on the cutoff date of that round.
16. Good Academic Record for all teaching positions shall be as defined in the Ordinance.
17. Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized University shall also be considered eligible.
18. A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. degree holders, who have obtained their Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
19. The relaxation of marks for the SC/ST/OBC/Specially-abled (Physically and Visually specially abled) categories will be as per UGC Regulations on Minimum qualifications for appointment of Teachers and Other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education 2010 as amended from time to time.
20. The relaxation in age will be admissible as per Government of India/University norms.
21. The eligibility of an application shall be determined in accordance with the UGC Regulations, 2010 and its subsequent amendments and/or in accordance with the relevant regulations of concerned Regulatory bodies.
22. For teaching positions short-listing shall be done as per guidelines approved by Executive Council of the University.
23. The Ordinances governing the procedure to be followed by the Selection Committee may be seen on the portal of the Recruitment & Assessment Cell on the BHU website. 24. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria including holding written test may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview. Applicants having higher qualification and merit or higher marks in the written test will be given preference.
25. The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedent/ background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated.
26. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates. The University may, at its discretion, fill up any future vacancy belonging to Gen./SC/ST/OBC as per roster point out of the available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change. The University may relax/review the qualification/ experience and age limit at its discretion at any stage and in case of candidates with exceptional merit.
27. A candidate belonging to any reserved category who desires to be considered for any unreserved post also besides the posts under reserved category, will have to submit separate forms for Unreserved posts and reserved posts.
28. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the University reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
29. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final.
30. Applicants who are in employment should route their application through proper channel or should submit a "No Objection Certificate" from the employer prior to the interview, failing which they may not be considered further.
31. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
32. No interim correspondence shall be entertained.
33. On the positions reserved for specially abled persons (OH, VI, HH), all categories of specially abled persons are requested to apply since if the designated category of specially abled person is not available, the post may be filled with other categories of specially abled suitable and eligible candidates applied and available. 34. The applications shall be invited through online mode. The applicants should be required to submit their downloaded application form (hard copy) after filling it online, along with all the enclosures to the Office of the Registrar, (Recruitment & Assessment Cell), Holkar House, BHU, Varanasi-221005 by last date of submission of application, i.e. the hard copy of the application along with the enclosures must reach to the Office of the Registrar, (Recruitment & Assessment Cell), Holkar House, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi -221005 by the last date of submission of applications. 35. The eligibility of the candidate will be determined on the last date of submission of application in the Recruitment & Assessment Cell, Holkar Houser, BHU, Varanasi, i.e., 12.06.2017 extended upto 21.06.2017. 36. Please visit our website: bhu.ac.in/rac for application form, details of qualifications and other instructions in this regard.
Cut-off date for Teaching posts for submission of downloaded application form along with the enclousers in the Office of the Registrar Recruitment & Assessment Cell, Holkar House, BHU, Varanasi -221005 (U.P.) on or before12.06.2017 extended upto 21.06.2017
Last Date for Online submission of Application form : 05.06.2017 extended upto 15.06.2017
See All Other Jobs in our Database