Required Principal Analyst, Analytics in Novartis
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented and performance driven people. All of which makes them one of the most rewarding employers in their field.
Post: Principal Analyst, Analytics
Responsible for leading user requirement gathering for complex reports / BI tools for data review and analysis. Independently manage requirements gathering and implementation.. Provide quantitative analytical support and produce key reports for Oncology Global Development, including BDM, GMO and GPTs. These tasks are to be performed independently.
1. Drive the implementation of data analytics reports and dashboards for optimal data review by working with the users to establish robust user specification and with programmers to implement the optimal output.
2. Translate business requirements into logical models and provide direction to the development team to translate business logic.
3. Proactively identify or address needs for optimal data review working with users and programmers as appropriate.
4. Implement and execute robust project plans for delivery, ensuring customer needs are addressed in a timely manner within Oncology Development
5. Provide coordination between the project resources so that deadlines are met on deliverables
6. Drive development of appropriate user training. Drive all necessary change management activities related to implementation of new data review tools / reports as related data cleaning, review and visualization.
7. Provide understandable and actionable reports on clinical data and monitoring of clinical data for key stakeholders
8. Provide quantitative analytical support to the global program teams, including providing support on analyzing reports
9. Systematically sample / monitor utilization of reports and tools, perform and coordinate periodic review of outputs. Report findings and take necessary steps to ensure reports are being for optimal data review.
10. Work with the internal SMEs and key stakeholders in providing analysis and interpretation of clinical program/trial operational data
11. Lead initiatives within Analytics, including training, to support overall compliance and adherence to data review through robust reports and tools. Proactively identify and address areas of concerns to avoid issues and ensure consistency, accuracy and completeness of reported clinical data.
- Accurate and timely execution of data analytics reports as measured by meeting key milestones effectively
- Revisions to deliverables caused by inconsistence or incomplete user specifications
- Successful implementation of data review reports and tools as measured by sustainable changes and improved efficiency
- Establish partnership with all relevant line functions in OGD/GMA and OTM, as required
- Training programs implemented in a timely fashion
University or college degree in life science or similar field. Fluent English (oral and written)
1. Minimum 6 years’ experience in Business Analytics and/or Clinical Trial Management (Pharma, CRO, Life Science experience of 4 years would be preferred.)
2. Good quantitative aptitude & systems background
3. Ability to translate technical concepts for non-technical users in the areas of clinical databases
4. Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools including, Cognos, Hyperion, Crystal Reports, Spotfire, Jreview.
5. Ability to work independently, in teams, under pressure, demonstrating initiative and flexibility through effective and innovative technical ability
6. Interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate effectively in a matrix environment
7. Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for deliverables
8. Understanding of Clinical Development and Operational process and regulatory requirements is preferred
Job ID: 190143BR
Business Unit: ONCOLOGY BU - NPH
Industry Type: Pharma/Biotech/Clinical Research
Functional Area: R&D
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.