Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented and performance driven people. All of which makes them one of the most rewarding employers in their field.
Post : Manager - Medical Science Liaison
• Be a strategic internal partner, gather and leverage insights for an impactful contribution to Patient Journey mapping, launch excellence roadmap, integrated evidence generation plans, integrated product strategy and subsequently the medical strategy. Utilize knowledge of assigned therapeutic area and Novartis compounds to serve as the Medical, Clinical and Scientific expert to field matrix colleagues
• Identify data gaps, data generation opportunities (including RWE and implementation science, precision medicine), and key unmet needs and opportunities to help improve patient access and outcomes.
• Ensure appropriate identification and mapping of external stakeholders, aligned to the medical strategy, and in collaboration with other Novartis colleagues. Able to create personalized, flexible engagement strategies and plans, leveraging multiple channels and tailored content to meet the changing needs of external stakeholders
• Personalize and expand external stakeholder engagement beyond Healthcare Professionals. Support and contribute to innovative partnership models for shared ownership in transforming clinical practice, apply foundational impactful Scientific Engagement principles in stakeholder interactions in alignment with medical strategy and portfolio/pipeline prioritization.
• Communicate the right evidence to the right stakeholder at the right time, enabling stakeholders to make informed decisions, respond to unsolicited requests for information from stakeholders by sharing appropriate data regarding marketed and pipeline compounds in a timely, compliant, and stakeholder-focused manner.
• Support Novartis Clinical Trials, adopt and leverage digital channels for a broader, effective, personalized reach and impact, in addition to leading high level impactful scientific events, exchanges and medical education.
• Manage personal and professional development., manage administrative responsibilities in a timely manner (customer relationship management tool, compliance training and other modules, expense reporting, etc.). Promote and adhere to Ethics and Compliance Professional Practices Policy (P3). Wherever applicable, collaborate with medical teams & HCPs to facilitate MAPs (Managed Access Program) on receipt of unsolicited request.
• Pharmacist, Masters, or other post-graduate degree in health/life sciences. Doctoral degree preferred (PharmD, PhD, MD),
• Acts with credibility and clarity of purpose to build and maintain effective and collaborative relationships, working knowledge of the Healthcare System and research procedures as well as the guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience in a medical function (2-3 years preferred) in at least one therapeutic area.
• Capable of self-directed learning and having a growth mindset, excellent communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
• Application of a curious mindset, employing active listening skills and asking open questions to gain insights and uncover current thinking.,capable to adapt, organize, prioritize, and work effectively and collaboratively on multifunctional teams in a dynamic field-based environment.
• Proven ability to successfully leverage new technology/digital/IT solutions for effective stakeholder mapping, development, management, and field medical insights gathering.
• Solid business mentality including innovative, solution-oriented, and critical thinking with performance-focused drive to achieve objectives and execute tactics, Strong personal integrity reflected in all actions and behaviors.
Experience : 2-3 years
Qualification : M.Pharm, MSc, Doctoral degree preferred (PharmD, PhD, MD)
Location : Mumbai
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Research & Development
End Date : 20th August, 2023