Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research can trace its origins to the Ecole de Medicine de Pondicherry established by the French Government in 1823. In 1956 foundation for new medical college was laid and in 1964, hospital was inaugurated. JIPMER became an institution of national importance under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India in the year 2008. It is an institution established for teaching, research and patient care in the area of health. JIPMER spreads over 192 acres.
Post : Research Associate
The following post to be filled purely on temporary basis under INDO-US TB Project titled ‘RePORT India Phasell Common Protocol’, Dept, of Preventive and Social Medicine, JIPMER. Candidates shall be shortlisted after a written test followed by an interview. Selected and waitlisted candidates will be engaged in INDO US TB projects as and when required.
Essential : • PhD/MD/MS/MDS or equivalent degree or having 3 years of research, teaching and design and development experience after MVSc / M.Pharm / ME / M.Tech / MPH with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Helping and overseeing day to day lab activities in the laboratory
• Research and laboratory activities from time to time
• Duties assigned by PI, and other duties that arise from time to time.
• To provide subject-specific research expertise to, and undertake specific research work for the Principal Investigator (PI)
• Writing up results of research and contributing to publishing of results in high quality peer-reviewed academic literature.
• Conduct individual and collaborative research projects. Take a lead in the implementation and execution of the project.
Salary : Rs. 47.000/- + 16% HRA
Age Limit / Years : Upto 35 years
1. Validity of the selected list is valid for Two years from the date of publication of results and renewable accordingly.
2. Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from an institute of repute. Experience should have been gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification.
3. Qualification, experience, other terms and conditions may be relaxed/ altered at the discretion of the Project Investigator.
4. Experience in Tuberculosis research will be considered as the most desired qualification and upper age limit may be relaxed based on experience in TB research.
5. The posts are purely on contract basis for an external sponsored project, and no claim for any other regular post in JIPMER shall be entertained.
6. Valid email id and mobile number on CV is required.
7. Consolidated salary of the post may van based on the experience of the candidate and the post sanctioned by the funding agency. No other allowance/ facilities other than consolidated salary shall be extended.
8. Decision of the Principal Investigator will be final.
9. No TA/ L)A will be paid for the interview.
10. Canvassing of any kind will lead to disqualification.
11. Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
12. If performance of the appointee is not found satisfactory by the investigator, appointment can be terminated at any time w ithout any notice.
13. The appointee may be relieved from the current job position, with one month prior notice, failing to do so may be held responsible for paying one month salary.
Interested and eligible candidates may attend the written screening test followed by an interview (for the shortlisted candidates) in the Department of Preventive and Social medicine. JIPMER on 19/07/2023 (Wednesday). The applicants are requested to bring their CV along with original certificates for verification. Document verification will be done from 9:30am -10:30am.
See All Other Jobs in our Database