National Forensic Sciences University, the erstwhile Gujarat Forensic Sciences University is the brain child of Govt of Gujarat. It was established by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India Shri. Narendra Modiji, then Chief Minister of Gujarat in 2009 with a sole objective of creating professional experts in the field of Forensic sciences. At a juncture of spiking number of crimes involving sophisticated technologies and much evolved modus operandi, there was a need for scientists and technocrats.
Post : Associate Professor & Assistant Professors
National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, an Institution of National Importance invites application for Academic Staff positions on a contractual basis for its Gandhinagar Gujarat campus from exceptionally motivated candidates who has a passion for research. NFSU promotes interdisciplinary culture and academic staff who can collaborate with other academic staff of the University in interdisciplinary areas of Forensic Science and allied branches.
No of posts : 4 Posts (UR-2; OBC-1; SC-1)
Forensic Pharmacy - 01
Environmental Forensics - 01
Forensic Analytical Chemistry - 02
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Assistant Professor (Contractual)
Qualifications : Ph.D. in the appropriate branch with first class at the preceding degree or equivalent in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout. The candidate who has given the viva voce for the award of Ph.D. may also apply. Remuneration for Asst Professor:
Remuneration : Consolidated fixed monthly remuneration of Rs.90,000/- only.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Associate Professor (Contractual)
• A good academic record,
• A master's degree with minimum 60% marks (or equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) with Ph.D. in a concerned /relevant/allied subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from an accredited Foreign University.
• Experience with Ph.D. Guidance Explanation: Experience of Ph.D. guidance for Associate Professor means that registration of at least 01 Ph.D. student as such should have been completed, where in the candidate is a sole/principal supervisor (guide)
• Minimum of eight years of experience in teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of an Assistant Professor in a University, College, or Accredited Research Institution/industry
• Minimum five publications in the UGC-CARE listed Journals.
Remuneration for Asso. Professor : Consolidated fixed monthly remuneration of Rs.1,94,000/- only.
Pharmacy / Forensic Chemistry : Ph.D. in relevant discipline with first class or equivalent (minimum 60 %or equivalent) at the preceding degree i.e. Master Degree in Pharmacy /Chemistry/Forensic Chemistry/ Applied Chemistry / Biochemistry / Human Biochemistry/ Toxicology/Life Sciences or relevant discipline from recognized university or equivalent with very good academic record throughout. *For faculty in Pharmacy, the Registration as Pharmacist under Pharmacy Act is mandatory. Desirable: Candidate having experience in the field of Pharmacy/ Forensic Science/Pharmacy or relevant field.
Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Chemistry : Ph.D. in relevant discipline with first class or equivalent (minimum 60 %or equivalent) at the preceding degree i.e. Master Degree in Pharmacy/Chemistry/ Pharmaceutical Chemistry / Applied Chemistry or relevant discipline from recognized university or equivalent with very good academic record throughout. Desirable: Candidate having experience in the field of Analytical Chemistry
• Candidates appeared for interview, may be considered for lower post if they are otherwise found suitable.
• Courses offered by autonomous institutions should be equivalent to the relevant course approved/ recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU).
• The University may conduct screening test before the interview on the same day or one day prior to interview date, if the number of applications are more.
• The University reserves the right to place the candidate after selection in any of the University campus where the subject specific vacancy exists.
• Contractual appointment will be for eleven months or till regular appointment is made, whichever is earlier.
• Candidates are advised to visit the website of NFSU (nfsu.ac.in/career) regularly for updates. Amendments and corrigenda (if any), will be placed on the University website only.
• Candidates need to fill online Application form with an updated and latest profile against this advertisement before the last date of application.
• These recruitments shall be made in compliance with Reservation Policy of Government of India.
• Schedule of interview may be between 7th August to 11th August 2023.
•The candidates will be shortlisted for interviews based on the eligibility criteria. The information in this regard will be placed on the university website & also will be forwarded to the candidate's registered email.
• University will intimate the candidate about the interview schedule through e mail. Also the discipline wise interview schedule shall be placed on NFSU website on 26-07-2023.
Other Terms and conditions :
a) The posts listed above are temporary positions and on contractual basis for 11 months or till the recruitment for the position is filled against the regular vacancy or whichever is earlier.
b) One set of self-certified documents (degree/marksheet /experience certificate etc) should be submitted to the recruitment cell at the time of the Interview.
c) The original certificate(s) must be shown at the time of the interview.
d) After the first round of interviews, suitable candidates may be recommended for the second round. The candidate needs to conduct a presentation before the selection committee in the second round and on the basis of the candidate's performance, consideration for the contractual appointment will be made.
e) If found ineligible, The university is liable to terminate the contract at any time.
f) Application Fees is INR Rs 500
Last Date : 29-07-2023 (06:00 p.m)
Date of Interview : 09th August, 2023
Reporting Time : 10:00 a.m
See All Other Jobs in our Database