This Institute came into existence on 1st April,1976 when the India Centre of JALMA was officially handed over to the Govt. of India and subsequently to the Indian Council of Medical Research. This was named as Central JALMA Institute for Leprosy in 1976 and has been renamed as National Jalma Institute of Leprosy and other Mycobacterial Diseases in 2005 to reflect its broader research areas. This Institute was originally established as India Centre of JALMA in 1966 and was managed by a Tokyo based voluntary organisation -JALMA (Japanese Leprosy Mission for Asia). This Institute is one of the fine examples of international human links and compassion for each other.
Post : Consultant (Scientific)
ICMR-National JALMA Institute for Leprosy and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, Agra invites applications for Consultants (Scientific) on purely temporary/contractual basis for a period of one year as per the details mentioned below.
Number of Post : 01 (One)
Essential Qualification : Professionals having Post Graduate degree in Life Science / Biological Sciences from a recognized University with research and development experience and published papers. OR Retired Government employees with requisite qualification and who were in the Grade Pay Level 10 or above as per the 7th CPC (Central / State / Autonomous body) at the time of retirement.
Desirable Qualification : Candidates possessing Ph.D in relevant field will be preferred.
Age Limit : Below 70 years ( on the last date of receipt of application) i.e, 04/08/2023
General conditions for engaging consultants
1. Fee/remuneration for all categories of Consultants: a) Rs.25,000/- to 1,00,000/- depending upon educational qualification, experience, last pay drawn and functional requirement b) There will be no further increase in the fee during the period of original contract. In case of renewal of contract, terms and conditions may be considered afresh.
2. Allowance : The consultant shall not be entitled to any other honorarium or allowance such as Dearness Allowance, Residential Telephone, Transport Facility, Residential Accommodation, Personal Staff, CGHS and Medical Reimbursement, etc.
3. Leave : Consultant shall be eligible for 10 day's leave at par to 8 Casual Leave & 02 Restricted Holidays in a year on pro-rata basis. Therefore a Consultant shall not draw any remuneration in case of his/her absence from work beyond 10 days in a Year to be calculated on pro-rata basis. Un- availed leave during the period of engagement will not be carried forward in case of renewal. The leave record shall be maintained by the concerned Head of Division/Institute/Centre.
Website: https://www.jalma-icmr.org.in E-mail: email@example.com
4. TA/DA : No TA/DA shall be admissible for joining the assignment or on its completion. However, Consultants shall be allowed TA/DA for their travel inside the country in connection with the official work as per his /her entitlement at the time of retirement in case of Govt. servant. For external professionals class / mode of journey would be by economy class only as per rules. Consultant will be provided transport facilities for local official duty.
5. Release of fee : The monthly fee will be released to the Consultant on explicit recommendation of the Director, ICMR-NJIL&OMD, Agra as the case may be.
6. Tax deduction : All applicable taxes as per government rules and regulations will be deducted at source.
7. Any Addendum/Corrigendum in respect of above vacancy, notice shall be issued on websites: jalma-icmr.org.in and main.icmr.nic.in only and no separate notification shall be issued in press. Applicants are requested visit the websites to keep themselves update.
8. The Director, ICMR-NJIL&OMD,Agra has the right to accept/reject any application without assigning any reason thereof and no correspondence /recommendation will be entertained in this matter.
Application form duly completed in all respects along with self attested copies of certificates/testimonials in support of qualification, age, experience, publications and copy of PPO in the case of the retired Government employees should reach the “The Director, ICMR-National JALMA Institute for Leprosy and Other Mycobacterial Diseases, Dr. M. Miyazaki Marg, Tajganj, Agra-282001” on or before 04/08/2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for personal interview, accordingly.
See All Other Jobs in our Database