Regional Centre for Biotechnology is an institution of national importance and statutory body established by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India with regional and global partnerships synergizing with the programmes of UNESCO as a Category II Centre. The primary focus of RCB is to provide world class education, training and conduct innovative research at the interface of multiple disciplines to create high quality human resource in disciplinary and interdisciplinary areas of biotechnology in a globally competitive research milieu.
Post : Technical Assistant - 01 Post
The Centre invites online applications from suitably qualified, dynamic, result-oriented and dedicated candidates for the contractual position of Technical Assistant (Project) under the project Establishing BIRAC Bio- incubator at NCR Biotech Science Cluster Faridabad on contract basis.
Consolidated Emoluments : Monthly consolidated emoluments ranging from Rs. 40,000/- to Rs. 50,000/- per month based on the relevant experience of the candidate.
Essential Qualification : A first class Graduate / Post Graduate in Life Sciences.
Experience : Atleast 3 years of relevant hands-on experience after graduation or atleast 1 year of experience after post-graduation. Should have thorough knowledge of scientific equipment used in high-end biomedical science labs in a reputed scientific organization.
Desirable : Higher qualification
Age limit : 30 years
Job Description and responsibilities
• Create SOPs for various equipment in the facility.
• Maintain equipment in a qualified state, perform calibration and provide technical services to the user scientists.
• Coordinate with the infrastructure team and other members of the facility management services to ensure smooth running of the facility.
• Troubleshoot problems with instruments and methods.
• Help user scientists in data acquisitions.
• Conduct hands-on workshops and training programs.
• Train new incubatees on instrument handling.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The positions will be on contract, initially for a period upto 31.03.2023, which may be extended further at the discretion of the Competent Authority as per the requirement of the Centre. The duration of the project is likely to be extended further.
2. The positions are subject to periodic evaluation of the performance of the incumbent and if, on such evaluation the performance is not found to be satisfactory, the contract will be terminated with one-month notice.
3. The appointment will be on full-time basis and he/she will not be permitted to take up any other assignment during the period of contract. The contract may be terminated by either party by giving one-month advance notice in writing.
4. The consolidated emoluments shown above are only indicative and shall be decided by the Selection Committee for the selected candidate based on his/her relevant experience and qualification. No other perks or allowances are admissible.
5. The incumbent will be required to conform to the rules and regulations of RCB in force from time to time and follow the discipline rules of the Centre failing which the contract may be withdrawn at any point of time.
6. The incumbent will not be considered to be a permanent employee of the Center and conferment of this contract will not imply any assurance or guarantee for regular employment in the Centre. The incumbent shall not claim for regularization or absorption in the Centre. However, the incumbent may apply for the advertised posts subject to meeting eligibility criteria for the post and as per institutional policy.
7. All educational, professional and technical qualifications should be from a recognized Board/University. Experience shall be counted for work done after the qualifying degree for the relevant position.
8. Persons working in Govt. or Public Sector Undertaking should apply through proper channel or produce ‘No- Objection Certificate’ at the time of selection process.
9. Outstation SC/ST candidates, if called for interview will be paid to & fro second-class railway fare, as per GOI rules on production of the proof of the same.
10. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
11. Vacancy shown above is indicative only and the number may increase or decrease as per requirement and at the discretion of the Competent Authority.
12. Mere fulfilment of the minimum prescribed qualification and experience will not vest any right on a candidate for being called for the selection process. Only the candidates shortlisted by a duly constituted Screening Committee will be called. The decision of the Centre in this regard will be final. No interim inquiries in this regard will be entertained.
13. The candidates should submit separate application for separate posts.
14. The incumbent will be entitled for leave as admissible to the contractual staff of the Centre. The un-availed leave cannot be carried forward or encashed.
15. Age relaxation as per GoI norms is available to eligible applicants. In all other cases. if a candidate is otherwise suitable, age/experience relaxation may be granted by the Competent Authority.
16. Any dispute arising out of this advertisement including the recruitment process shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Faridabad, Haryana.
17. Candidates canvassing/giving incorrect information/violating norms in any kind, detected at any stage, before or after the selection will be disqualified with immediate/retrospective effect, as the case may be.
18. The decisions of the Competent Authority, RCB will be final and binding in all cases.
Note : Applicants who are already in regular government service and willing to apply for the above contractual positions are advised to take prior permission from their parent organization for the same. In the event of selection, such candidates are to ensure their relieving within 30 days of the offer, so as to join the position within the specified period. No request for extension of joining period shall be entertained under any circumstances. The positions are contractual only with consolidated emoluments and shall not be eligible for any pay level salary, perks & allowances. During the contract period of the employee, RCB shall not have liability of any kind to his/ her parent organization.
Interested candidates should fill their applications online with the requisite non-refundable fee of Rs. 1,000/- latest by 10.08.2022.
SC/ST/PH/Women candidates are exempted from payment of fees. Refund of unsuccessful or duplicate transactions may be claimed up to 1 month from the last date of submission of applications, after that no request will be entertained.
See All M.Pharm Alerts B.Sc Alerts B.Pharm Alerts Faridabad Alerts
See All Other Jobs in our Database