Career for Pharmacy graduates as Project Scientific Assistant at TIFR
TIFR is a National Centre of the Government of India, under the umbrella of the Department of Atomic Energy, as well as a deemed University awarding degrees for master's and doctoral programs. The Institute was founded in 1945 with support from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust under the vision of Dr. Homi Bhabha. At TIFR, we carry out basic research in physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, computer science and science education. Our main campus is located in Mumbai, with centres at Pune, Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
Post : Project Scientific Assistant (B) - 01 UR
Temporary for one year and may be renewed each year up to a total period of three years depending upon performance and requirement.
a) Full Time Science Graduate in Biological Science stream from a recognized university / institute with aggregate of 60% marks (or) Full Time B. Pharmacy from a recognized university / institute with aggregate of 60% marks (or) Full Time Diploma in Veterinarian Science from a recognized university / institute with aggregate of 60 % marks.
b) Knowledge of use of personal computers and its applications.
Essential Experience: Minimum 1 year post qualification experience with laboratory mouse handling.
Desirable: Experience in assisted reproductive technologies such as mouse IVF, embryo handling
Age Below : 28
Pay Level & Pay Stage : Rs. 46,500/- consolidated pay
TME : Rs. 46,500/- consolidated pay (including HRA of Rs. 7,600/-)
Job Responsibilities :
• Providing basic animal care, routine monitoring including feeding of laboratory mice.
• Help with cleaning, sanitation, sterilization of cages, racks, equipment, supplies or animal care rooms.
• Assist mouse facility in-charge and veterinarian in assigned duties.
• Provide with record keeping as per CPCSEA norms.
• Assist in receiving, storing and rotating feed, bedding and other animal care supplies and equipment.
• Assist with procedures such as sample collection, colony genotyping via PCR.
• Available to provide emergency care and assistance on weekends or holidays, when required.
Please provide the following documents while applying online:
a) 1-page cover letter giving an overview of your past experience and why you are interested in this position.
b) Complete CV with Contact details of previous supervisor.
1. Higher starting salary could be considered for deserving candidates
2. Candidates are liable to be transferred to other Centres / Field Stations of the Institute, if required.
3. Appointment for post Serial Number of the posts – 1 to 4 will be initially for a period of three years, including probation period of one year. Continuing appointment beyond the initial period will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After successful review, the appointment is continued till superannuation age, which is sixty.
4. Appoint for Serial Number of the post – 7 to 10 will be initially for a period of one year, including probation period. Continuing appointment beyond the initial period will be subject to the results of a comprehensive review and performance appraisal. After successful review, the appointment is continued till superannuation age, which is sixty.
5. Selected candidates may have to work outside office hours and on Saturdays/Sundays and holidays.
6. Prescribed age should not exceed as on January 1, 2020 for the above posts.
7. Selected candidates for the above posts will be governed by National Pension System applicable to the Central Government service [unless she/he is already governed by CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
8. Posts for the general category (Unreserved) – SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD (Persons with Benchmark Disabilities) candidates can also apply.
9. Applications from the candidates will be accepted ONLY ON-LINE.
10. Candidates applying for above posts and who are eligible for further age relaxation as per extant GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST, along with a copy of relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with Benchmark disabilities etc.). [SC, ST & OBC candidates applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online].
11. Applicants working in Government/Semi-Government/Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. Applicants, who do not send their applications through proper channel, if called, will be allowed for Written Test / interview only upon submission of the NOC from the competent authority. However, an advance copy of application along with the relevant enclosure may be submitted by post before the due date.
12. Written Tests / interview for the posts, as applicable, may get shifted to early 2021 on account of the current Covid 19 pandemic situation.
13. Incomplete applications and applications without photocopy of certificates in support of age relaxation and applications received after the last date shall not be considered.
i) On-line applications must be submitted by 29 July 2020 and applications by post must reach the Administrative Officer, TIFR Hyderabad by 29 July 2020. Applicants who are required to send the applications by post must super scribe the post applied for, Advertisement No. & Serial Number of the post on the envelope. The format of the application is as prescribed for on-line applications.
ii) Note: The candidates are required to produce following original documents with copies at the time of test/interview:
a. Printout of online application form.
b. Identity proof (Aadhar Card/ Election Card / Pan Card / Passport / Driving
c. Date of birth / Proof of age.
d. Educational Qualification (all mark sheets and certificates).
In case Universities/Board award letter grades/CGPA/OGPA, the same will have to be indicated as equivalent percentage of marks as per the norms adopted by the University/Board. In the absence of the same, the candidature will not be considered (While submitting original documents for verification, the candidates will have to produce the norms of the University/Board for conversion of grades/CGPA/OGPA to equivalent percentage of marks.
e. Experience Certificate/s.
f. Conduct certificates from two respectable persons.
g. Caste Certificate in proper Govt. format (if applied for reserved posts)
h. SC/ST/OBC & PwBD certificate (wherever applicable) in the Government of India format. OBC candidates should submit a valid copy of the Non-creamy Layer certificate issued by competent authority in the Govt. of India format. The OBC Non Creamy Layer certificate in GOI format should be preferably for the current financial year on the date of closing of application or utmost not earlier than one year from the date of closing of application.
i. Candidates applying for the post reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability (HH/OH) should suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability for the benefit of reservations. Candidates will have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format. PwBD candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC will be given further age relaxations as per extant GoI rules.
iii) Outstation candidates called for recruitment process for the post at Sr. No.1 to 3 will be paid single First Class (not air-conditioned) / III Tier AC Train Fare train fare for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence to the place of interview on the production of onward and return journey tickets.
iv) Outstation candidates called for recruitment process for the post at Sr. No. 4 to 9 will be paid single Second Class (not air-conditioned) return train fare for the journey by the shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence on the production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets.
v) If you travel by air, your air-fare will be restricted to the train fare (as per travelling allowance applicable to you) on production of tickets and boarding passes.
vi) The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable qualifications will not entitle an applicant to be called for interview. More vacancies may also be filled through this advertisement. The Institute reserves the right not to fill any/some posts herein advertised. Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
TATA INSTITUTE OF FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH
Sy.No.36/P, Gopanpally Village,
Serilingampally Mandal,RangaReddy Dist. Hyderabad –500 046
Last Date : 29th July 2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database