Job Opening for Clinical Pharmacists (15 posts) at Apollo Hospital - Pharm.D Freshers may apply
Apollo Hospitals was established in 1983 by Dr. Prathap C Reddy, renowned as the architect of modern healthcare in India. As the nation's first corporate hospital, Apollo Hospitals is acclaimed for pioneering the private healthcare revolution in the country. Apollo Hospitals has emerged as Asia's foremost integrated healthcare services provider and has a robust presence across the healthcare ecosystem, including Hospitals, Pharmacies, Primary Care & Diagnostic Clinics and several retail health models. The Group also has Telemedicine facilities across several countries, Health Insurance Services, Global Projects Consultancy, Medical Colleges, Medvarsity for E-Learning, Colleges of Nursing and Hospital Management and a Research Foundation. In addition, 'ASK Apollo' - an online consultation portal and Apollo Home Health provide the care continuum. Apollo presence encompasses over 10,000 beds across 70 hospitals, 2556 pharmacies, over 172 primary care & diagnostic clinics, 148 telemedicine units across 13 countries, health insurance services, global projects consultancy, 15 academic institutions and a Research Foundation with a focus on global clinical trials, epidemiological studies, stem-cell and genetic research.
Post : Clinical Pharmacist
No of Posts : 15
Checking Prescription / Indents / Auditing for medication errors such as
a. Correct Dose, Formulation, Route, Strength and Frequency
b. Therapeutic duplication
c. Drug — Drug interactions
d. Food — Drug interactions
• Checking the home medication and registering them in a prescribed format with the approval of treating consultant
• Responding to Drug related queries of all Health Care Professionals.
• Monitoring ADR (Adverse Drug Reaction) and documenting the same.
• Ward Rounds - Checking the Drug charts and discharge Summaries to detect / rectify the medication errors and monitoring daily narcotic usage.
• Monitoring the new drug molecules which is being introduced into the system for any unwanted drug events.
• Preparing the Chemo Admixture whenever required according to the defined protocols.
• Preparing and reporting High-end Antibiotic usage on daily basis.
• Preparing and reporting Food and Drug interaction on daily basis.
• Preparing and reporting antibiotic consumption along with surgical prophylaxis surveillance with infection control department (Antibiotic Stewardship Program).
• Will be posted on rotation at OP Pharmacy and responsible for prescription auditing and patient counseling.
• Storage and handling of narcotic drugs
• Ward pharmacist – indenting medications as per drug chart.
• Monthly medications stock checking at wards and emergency crash carts.
• As the Consultant Clinical Pharmacologist the primary areas of responsibilities at Apollo Hospitals are Medication Management and Medication Reconciliation systems which includes-
• Responsible for preparing and implementing SOPs for the TN Region Hospitals on Medication Management and Medication Reconciliation systems.
• As in- charge of the prescription audit team to ensure that all prescriptions are free medication errors.
• As part of the Medication Management team to ensure that throughout the hospital medicines are prescribed, indented, dispensed and administered according to the Hospital policy.
• Monitoring and tracking Adverse drug reactions in the organization.
• Overseeing the preparation and administration of chemotherapeutic drugs.
• Ensuring judicious use of antibiotics by
- Tracking consumption patterns of antibiotics in the hospital and matching data with the antibiogram and coordinating with the Infection Control Committee maLiaL the treatment more cost effective and rationale.
- Monitoring and restricting the use of High End antibiotic thus preventing the development of resistance of these drugs
Other Roles — Quality
As a Consultant in Quality to help in interpretation of Standards and suggest framework,. methodologies to be compliant with JCI / NABH and Institutionalize best practices in the organization by studying and re-engineering systems.
Experience : Fresher
Qualification : Pharm.D
Location : Chennai
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
End Date : 30th July, 2019
Requested to confirm your presence at email@example.com / phone:7339060444
Apollo Hospital Enterprises Ltd
See All Other Jobs in our Database