Job Opening for M.Pharm, M.Sc in research projects at Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics
The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) is an autonomous organization funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. CDFD receives funding also from other agencies on specific collaborative projects. In addition, DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics services provided by the centre support some of the activities. The Centre is recognized by the University of Hyderabad for pursuing Ph.D. programme in Life Sciences.
CDFD, an autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, invites applications from Indian nationals for the following purely temporary vacancies in research projects funded by National / International agencies at CDFD like DST/DBT/ICMR/CSIR etc. The description of the positions and minimum qualifications for various vacancies are as follows.
Minimum qualifications: Ph.D. in Physics / Chemistry / Life Science / Biotechnology / Genetics / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Bioinformatics from recognized University / Institute
MD / MS / MDS. or M.V.Sc./ M.Pharm./ M.E./ M.Tech. having three years of research, teaching and design and development experience with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Project–Junior Research Fellow / Project Assistant /Research Assistant:
Minimum qualifications: M.Sc. in Physics / Chemistry / Life Science / Biotechnology / Genetics / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Bioinformatics / Medicinal Chemistry / M. Tech from recognized University / Institute.
Desirable Qualifications: Experience in research as demonstrated by the successful completion of a research project in a reputed Institute / Centre.
The candidates applying for the positions of (i) Research Associate and (ii) Project Assistant / Project - Junior Research Fellow / Research Assistant are requested to pay an application fee as detailed below:
General Candidates : Rs 500/-
Other Backward Classes (OBC): Rs 250/-
SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates : Rs 125/-
The additional Payment Gateway Transaction Charges @ 3.10% will be charged extra from the Candidate.
Incomplete Applications and Applications without the caste / disability certificate (if applicable) or the applications received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
The names of short-listed candidates will be displayed on our website and only the short-listed candidates will be called for LAN based Examination / interview. The individual Admit Card / Hall Ticket with details of username, password, venue of the examination and time will be sent through e-mail. No individual intimation letter would be sent.
General Terms and Conditions:
1. The number of vacancies advertised against each category is provisional and may vary at the time of selection, if more vacancies with identical job requirements become available at the time of selection or within one year after the selection, these can also be filled from among the candidates who might apply and be placed on the panel for the above posts.
2. For all the above posts candidates should not have completed the age of 35 years. Age limits shall be reckoned as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
4. Depending on the qualifications, experience and recommendations of the Selection Committee, the selected candidates may be placed in a scale and designation lower than the grade advertised/applied (in the same group)
5. All these positions are purely temporary and are initially for a period of six months or one year. They could be extended/terminated depending on the continuation of the project(s).
6. Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped/Ex-service person applicants will be as per Govt. of India rules.
7. Relaxation of age for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped/Ex-service person/ Women applicants will be as per Govt. of India rules.
8. Mere fulfilling the minimum qualifications will not entitle the candidate for being called for interview. The applications will be screened by a Committee and candidates found suitable will be called for interview. The decision of the Director, CDFD will be final in this respect and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
9. Any of the selected individuals may from time to time be assigned to perform any other duties commensurate with their qualifications, by the Director, CDFD.
10. The Director, CDFD reserves the right to suitably change/relax any of the above conditions. He also reserves the right to accept or reject any application without assigning any reason.
11. Candidates who have qualified CSIR / UGC – JRFship NET or Project – JRF fellowship under the ICMR funded project Scheme or are empanelled in DBT – JRF list (category I & II) or GATE (All India Top 100 Ranks in Biotechnology [BT], Life Sciences [XL] or Chemistry [CY]) and those who apply to CDFD may be asked to directly appear for interview in Hyderabad.
12. Interested candidates who fulfill the above conditions may register their names by applying in the prescribed application form online. Complete the application form online at cdfd.org.in and take the print out of the filled form.
The online facility will open on 04.07.2019 and will be closed on 07.08.2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database