Opening for M.Pharm./M.Sc as Scientific Assistant in Panjab University
The University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences of the Panjab University is a premier institution of Pharmaceutical Education and Research in the country. The institute has covered a long and glorious journey of 76 years starting from Lahore in 1944 and finally settling to the present campus in Chandigarh at the foothills of Himachal. In its travelogue, the institute crossed multiple milestones and continue to head ahead towards the well-defined goals. The elevation of the status from department to the level of an institute i.e. University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences in 1994, and hosting of Indian Pharmaceutical Congress in the same year, two presidential honors of the Indian Pharmaceutical Congresses to its faculty members, a special recognition by the UGC by granting SAP in 1993 and COSIST in 1981 establishment of ICMR Advanced Centre for standardization of Drugs of Indian System of Medicine are some of the major hallmarks on the path treaded so far.
Post: Scientific Assistant
Salary of Rs 40,000 per month (Fixed); Plus HRA likely to be provided)
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the position of a Scientific Assistant (one), purely on temporary basis and co-terminus with the project.
The candidates may apply on a plain paper, along with their curriculum vitae, photocopy of all documents supporting their credentials and two recommendation letters, as per the following qualifications and experience:
• M.Sc./M.Sc. (Hons.) in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biophysics, Human Genome Studies, Physics, Chemistry or Material Sciences from a recognized University/Institute; M.Pharm./M.S. in Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Technology, or Pharmaceutical Biotechnology from a recognized University/Institute; M.Tech./M.E. in Nanotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Food Technology or Biotechnology from a recognized University/Institute
• UGC-NET or GATE or GPAT Qualified
• Minimum of 60% marks both at Graduate and Master's levels
• Ph.D. in the domain of Nanotechnology-based Applications in Biomedical Sciences, or Nanomedicine, or Medical Nanotechnology, or Nano-based Drug Delivery. Candidates, who have not submitted their thesis on or before the date of application, need not apply.
• Research Experience in the relevant domain
• Published work in high impact journals, and/or patented work of high standard
• Experience of handling relevant equipment items
• Age of 35 years or less on date of interview
APPLICATIONS SHOULD REACH THE UNDERSIGNED BY JULY 31, 2014
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.