National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI) is an autonomous Institute under Department of Biotechnology, Government of India. NABI aims at catalysing the transformation of Agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organization for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security. Since its inception in 2010, NABI is involved in research activities for the Bio fortification, development of designer crops for improved nutrition, providing sustainable and novel solutions towards quality food and nutrition, and development of evidence based functional foods to counter malnutrition.
Food and nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI requires following research personnel purely on temporary basis.
Post : Junior Research Fellow-01 (NABI CORE)
Name of project : “Functional analysis of genes involved in iron homeostasis in hexaploid wheat.”
Name of Principal Investigator : Dr. Ajay K Pandey, Scientist-F, NABI
Essential Qualification: - Postgraduate degree in Basic Science or Graduate / Post Graduate in the professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following
a) Scholars are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR UGC NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE.
b) The selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT,DAE,DOS,DRDO,MHRD,ICAR,ICMR,IIT,IISc,IISER, etc.
Duration : The appointment will be initially for a period of one year. Further extension from 1st year to 2nd Year will be subject to submission of progress report submitted by selected candidate and satisfactory assessment remarks given by the reporting officer/ availability of funds. Up-gradation from JRF to SRF will be on the basis of the submission of a progress report and further assessment.
Responsibilities: - Addressing basic plant biology questions relevant to iron homeostasis in plants using experience of gene cloning, plant tissue culture, gene. The candidate with strong interest in plant biology and nutrient interaction and interest in the gene function validation are highly encouraged. Beside this the hired person will be helping in the day-to-day functioning of the lab etc.
Desired Experience: - Motivated and exceptional candidates are encouraged to ability to handle different molecular biology tools to address gene function in plants in model plants or crops.
Emoluments and eligibility: - As per DST OM No. SR/S9/Z-08/2018 dated 30.01.2019
Age: - 28 years (Relaxation is admissible in the case of SC/ST/OBC/PD and women candidates as per GOI instructions)
Emoluments : Rs. 31000/- per month Plus HRA as per project.
Application Procedure & Other Conditions
1. All interested candidates may appear for Walk-In-Interview at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute located at Knowledge city, Sector-81, Mohali - 140306, Punjab on 07-06-2022 at 09:00 A.M. along with the duly filled application form.
2. Incomplete application forms and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
3. The applications should be submitted strictly as per the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the NABI website.
4. Candidates applying for more than one option can give their preference in the same application by ticking multiple options. No need to submit a separate application form for each option.
5. Candidates should ensure that information mentioned in the application form is accurate. Once the application form is submitted no further request regarding any changes/ information in the application form will be considered.
6. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registration at NABI from 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM on 07-06-2022.
7. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed.
8. All the candidates are requested to appear for a Walk-In interview with an application form, experience certificates, publications, and original degree certificates and transcripts.
9. Original mark sheets, certificates, award/fellowship, etc must be accomplished for verification at the time of the interview, and attach one set of attested copies of the documents with the application form.
10. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
11. Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification of the candidate(s).
12. Candidates should strictly adhere to guidelines issued by World Health Organization and Centre Govt/State Govt on Covid-19.
All interested candidates may appear for Walk-In-Interview at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute located at Knowledge city, Sector-81, Mohali - 140306, Punjab on 07-06-2022 at 09:00 A.M. along with the duly filled application form.
See All Other Jobs in our Database