Job for Senior Manager in Market Access at Pfizer
Pfizer is the world's premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for both people and animals. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support. At Pfizer, colleagues in more than 90 countries work every day to help people stay happier and healthier longer and to reduce the human and economic burden of disease worldwide.
Post : Senior Manager, Market Access
This role is primarily responsible for
• Designing and detailing the Market Access blueprint for Pfizer India’s 15-in-5 priorities
• Work with stakeholders in India commercial, enabling and global H&V functions in validating and implanting market access approach
• Develop innovative pricing, Govt. & payer partnership and patient models to enable Patient First approach for Pfizer’s innovative portfolio in India
• Program manage execution of market access enablers across relevant lines of business
• Collaborate with Cross functional teams to gain in-depth understanding of Indian healthcare system & reimbursement scenario (e.g., OOP structure, funding barriers) and leverage insights to develop unique measures to address barriers and design brand/ TA specific access strategies
* Assessment of external access trends (e.g., new launch pricing, discounting trends, value based offerings, payer engagement models) to anticipate potential challenges and opportunities
* Analyze & identify opportunities to unlock access barriers at state and central level
* Identify best practices to issues/themes, develop disease pathway insights (prevention, diagnosis, therapy, follow-up)
* Knowledge and some experience of working in Oncology and Immunology portfolios and market trends / competitor pipeline in India
• Leverage historical success and current market trends to build pricing strategies for pipeline & existing portfolio
* Design financial models / scenarios to test future pricing options and provide input to larger commercial strategy for launch of new products
* Engage and influence senior leadership within the organization, regarding marketplace trends, business opportunities & threats, competitive pricing trends, and recommendations for addressing them
* Collaborate with Commercial, Corporate Affairs, Finance and Legal teams to leverage insights for strategic pricing models, price change decisions and expanding reach for innovative patented portfolio
• Develop collaborations to the benefit of the patient, with service providers, with regulators, payers and other leading players in a TA to expand accessibility
* Develop payer and provider archetypes to define target market for focused expansion efforts
* Design innovative engagement / contracting models (e.g., bundling) and explore scope for outcome-based payment models / HEOR driven models / studies to maximize access
* Evaluate tiered pricing and second brand opportunities for innovative portfolio to gain molecule market share
* Explore possibility of collaboration with financing organizations (e.g., key health insurance, NBFC) to create financial models to maximize access to innovative drugs and shape the market for future
• Explore next generation Patient Assistance models to bring in differentiation from other players and evaluate offering “beyond the pill” and “funding services” to drive new patient acquisition and/or increase adherence
- MBA/ Masters Degree with 10-12 yrs of experience in a consulting firm, or Pharma Company in a market access role, or in a development consulting firm or in Industry Bodies
- Knowledge of Indian Healthcare system including health policy & pharmaceutical industry dynamics and strong know-how of India Pharma Market
- Understanding of business models of industries outside of pharma viz. banking, micro-financing, hospitals & insurance
- Exposure to Global payer markets, contracting strategies and ability to derive relevant insights for India
- Experience in strategy development and / or interaction with senior leadership / clients
- Ability to build strong local and global partnerships to influence colleagues outside of direct reporting structure
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional team-based environment and to partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership.
- Ability to work independently; self starter to drive value creation.
- Track record of hands on style to both manage and deliver work product.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior external stakeholders, ensuring Pfizer and its position & reputation are appropriately represented and protected.
Qualification : M.Pharm, M.Sc, MBA
Location : Mumbai
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Market Access
End Date : 30th January, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database