Career at National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis as Junior Project Research Fellow
The National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis [Formerly Tuberculosis Research Centre (TRC)], a permanent institute under the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), is an internationally recognized institution for Tuberculosis (TB) research. It is a Supranational Reference Laboratory and a WHO Collaborating Centre for TB Research and Training. Recently, an International Centre for Excellence in Research (ICER) in collaboration with NIH was established at the Centre.
Post: Junior Project Research Fellow
Place of posting: Chennai
Number of posts: 1 (one) - UR
Post Graduate Degree in any branch of Life Sciences or Post Graduate Professional degree in any branch of Biomedical sciences.
Age limit: Not exceeding 35 years.
Emoluments Consolidated salary: Rs.25,000/ - + HRA Rs.6,000
Nature of Duties:
1. To carry out in bacterial culture, sterile methods and protein purification and characterization techniques.
2.Knowledge of basic computer operation.
3.Having good English writing skills. Duration of contract Initially for a period of one year
National Institute For Research in Tuberculosis
No.1, Mayor Sathyamoorthy Road, Chetpet, Chennai – 600 031
Date of Walk - in - Interview/Written Test: 15.02.2019 (Friday)
Reporting time: 9.00 AM TO 10.00 AM (written test/interview from 11.00 AM onwards)
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES:
1. Age relaxation is admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government of India Rules in respect of the posts reserved for those categories. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced persons.
2. Incomplete application or application without supportive evidence asked for, shall be summarily rejected.
3. Experience certificate should clearly state the nature of work during the period of employment.
4. No-Objection certificate from the current employer/PI if already working in any projects or other agencies.
5. All posts are contractual for the duration offered on a short-term engagement on a consolidated salary as detailed against each posts. The appointment is likely to be continued after every specific period of time subject to satisfactory performance of respective P.I of the project and subject to approval of Director to a maximum upto the end of the project.
6. Since the appointment of all the posts are under project funded by different agencies, the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular appointments under NIRT/ICMR or continuation of his/her services in the same project of any other project.
7. TA/DA will not be paid for attending the written test/interview.
8. The institute reserves the right to fill up or not to fill the advertised posts even after conducting walk-in-interview/test.
Interested candidates fulfilling the required qualification may download the prescribed application form from the website nirt.res.in and walk-in on the date and time mentioned above, i.e at National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis, 1 Mayor Sathyamoorthy Road, Chetpet, Chennai 600031 to attend the walk-in-written test/interview at the venue mentioned above. The filled-in application along with self-attested copies of all credentials in support of educational qualifications, age, caste/community and affixing a colour passport size photograph on the application form should be carried with while reporting for walk-in. Original Certificates of all these credentials should also be carried with for verification.
A fee of Rs.100/- drawn in favour of Director, NIRT, Chennai by way of demand draft from any Nationalized bank payable at Chennai should be enclosed with the application. However, SC/ST, physically disabled and women candidates are exempted from payment of fees subject to production of valid certificate.
See All Other Jobs in our Database