Job for Professor, Associate Professor at Institute of Chemical Technology
1. The educational qualifications prescribed for a given post are the minimum and mere possession of the same shall not entitle a candidate to be called for an interview.
2. Candidates who do not have formal Master’s degree but have earned their Ph.D. (integrated) directly after Bachelor’s degree shall be evaluated through the course credits earned during their doctoral work.
3. If a Class/ Division is not awarded at the Bachelor’s/ Master’s level, a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate shall be considered equivalent to First class/ division. If a Grade Point system is adopted, the CGPA will be converted into equivalent marks.
4. Co-guideship for Ph. D / Masters Students shall not be considered for calculating equivalence as Ph. D. guide.
5. The period of time taken by candidate to acquire M.Phil. and / or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/ research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions.
6. The publications based on the independent or guided research work during the qualifying service in the lower grade or those emanating from post-doctoral work in reputed academic/ research institute shall only be considered for calculation of merit. Applicant’s own doctorate publications will not be considered except at Assistant Professor level.
7. Only those publications will be considered for calculation of impact factor where the applicant is the author for correspondence (Main author) or where at least one of the co- authors is his / her own student under supervision.
8. In case of candidates who have guided Ph.D.s/ Masters students, there should be publications/ patents arising out of the Ph.D. thesis in refereed national/ international journals. Merely guiding or co-guiding Ph.D. will not gain any weightage in the absence of publications.
9. The research papers published in cited peer reviewed journals of repute in the relevant scientific areas shall only be considered for giving due merit.
10. The quality and impact factor of the journal for a specific discipline will be decided by the Scrutiny Committee and a cumulative impact factor for that discipline shall be as reported on Scopus and Web of Science.
11. In case of multiple author papers, or multi-institutional collaborations, the contribution of the candidate will be decided as per the status of the candidate whether s/he has worked as corresponding author/ supervisor, co-author or one of the students. 12. Assessment of Analytical ability test will be conducted for every candidate who is called for interview.
13. The short-listed candidates will be required to make three types of presentations before the Departmental Committee prior to interview by the Selection Committee:
1) Classroom teaching,
2) Past research and future research interests and
3) Plans for out-reach activities. The performance in these presentations along with analytical ability result will be one of the major criteria for selection of the candidate for faculty position.
Important points to note before filling up the Application Form:
1. Online application form is available on the ICT website ictmumbai.edu.in from 11 February, 2019 to 10th March, 2019. The Candidates are required to submit online application form along with supporting documents on or before 10th March, 2019.
2. The application fee of Rs.1000/- (for General Category) and Rs. 500/- (for candidates belonging to reserved categories of State of Maharashtra), shall be paid online while submitting the form.
3. Candidates already employed must submit their applications through proper channel along with No Objection certificate from present employer.
4. Applications incomplete in any respect, applications without required supporting documents or those submitted after the last date of receipt of application will not be considered.
5. Candidates are requested to refer ICT website from time to time as all information and circulars will be notified on the website.
6. As per the Notification No. SRV.2000/CR (17/2000) XII, dated 28th March 2005 issued by General Administration Department, Mantralaya, Mumbai, a candidate shall submit the declaration of the small family in the prescribed proforma attached to the application form.
7. For reserved posts, candidates belonging to the concerned reserved category only should apply.
8. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories as recognized in the state of Maharashtra shall only be considered under reserved categories. The candidate belonging to the reserved categories from outside the State of Maharashtra will be treated as Open.
9. 3% of the Reservation shall be applicable to the disabled persons having minimum of 40% disability as per GR NYP 2011/P.K. 129, Sudhar -3 dt. 4th August 2011, subject to availability/ suitability.
10. The age of the candidate as on 11th February, 2019
11. Teaching Experience as an approved teacher by the related University or equivalent authority will only be considered. Relevant experience and educational qualification will be counted as on the last date prescribed for submitting the applications, i.e. 10th March, 2019.
12. The decision of the appointing authority will be final and binding on applicants and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
13. No correspondence with ineligible candidates will be made.
14. Candidates called for interview will have to remain present at their own expenses.
15. Candidates should invariably fill the information regarding court cases, pending criminal cases, disciplinary actions or equivalent, etc. in the relevant column of the application Form. In such cases, the Scrutiny Committee reserves the right to consider or not to consider the candidature for the recruitment. Any changes in this information as and when occurred after the submission of application form till the date of selection committee meeting for recruitment process should be brought to the notice of the Institute by the candidate, failing which the Institute reserves the right to cancel the candidature and to debar him/her from selection or after selection.
16. A person appointed to the post shall be on probation for a period of one year.
17. This is a rolling advertisement. After the current faculty recruitment process is over, the vacancies will be indicated on the ICT website and the process will continue till all the posts are filled up.
Last Date : 10th March, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database