ICMR-DHR International Fellowship Programme for Ph.D, M.Pharm, M.Sc, M.Tech | 65 Fellowships
The Department of Health Research was formally launched on 5th October 2007 by the Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences in a function presided over by the Minister for Health & Family Welfare, in the presence, inter-alia, of the Minister of State for Health & Family Welfare. Department of Health Research (DHR) was created as a separate Department within the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare by an amendment to the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961 on 17th Sept, 2007. The Department became functional from November 2008 with the appointment of first Secretary of the Department.
One of the major mandates of ICMR and DHR is to augment capacity strengthening of Indian scientists. This international fellowship programme is intended to create a pool of talented health research personnel by facilitating advanced training and exposure to the latest advancements in knowledge through interaction with the international scientists in their respective field of work.
SHORT TERM INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS FOR SENIOR INDIAN BIOMEDICAL SCIENTISTS
Areas for fellowships : Emerging areas in clinical/medicine/health sciences
Duration of Fellowships : Two weeks to 3 months
Number of Fellowships: Twenty five (25) fellowships per year
Age limit: Below 57 years as on last date of receipt of application
1. A stipend of US$ 3000 per month which includes accommodation and other expenses.
2. Return economy class excursion airfare (by Air India ) through shortest possible route.
3. Contingency grant of maximum of Rs. 50,000/- (which includes the cost of visa, taxi charges from place of duty to airport and back, overseas mediclaim insurance expenses reimbursable on submission of original receipts/bills on return). No other charges/expenditure is admissible.
4. Advance stipend will be given as equivalent amount in Indan currency to Fellow and the last month stipened will be granted on return after completion of fellowship and due adjustment on submission of utilization certificate/original receipts.
5. For two weeks stay: US$ 200 per day (including US$ 75 as per diem and up to US$ 125 for accommodation expenses, subject to a maximum of US$ 3000 for entire duration of stay). Advance stipend will be given as equivalent amount in Indan currency to Fellow and the balance stipened will be granted on return after completion of fellowship and due adjustment on submission of utilization certificate/original receipts.
1. The applicant should be a citizen of India and working in the country.
2. The applicant should possess an M.D/M.S/Ph.D degree (M.D./ M.S./ M.D.S. or MBBS/BDS/ MVSc./ M.Sc./M.Pharma/M.Tech or equivalent with Ph.D. in health / biomedical research) with at least fifteen years of experience (for availing the fellowship for 15 days) and atleast three years of experience (for availing the fellowship for 1-3 months) in teaching/research in a recognized Institute after obtaining the requisite qualification. 3. The application should be forwarded by the Employer/Head of the Institution with a statement that the candidate will be considered as a full time employee of the Institution during the period of his/her fellowship.
4. The applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the host Institute where he/she proposes to work during the fellowship.
5. The applicant should submit a plan of proposed training for availing the fellowship.
6. The applicant should not have availed any similar fellowship of duration of one month or above from any of the agency of the GoI/State Govts in the last 3 years.
For More Info Go Next Page...