The Dr. Reddy's Institute of Life Sciences was conceived in the context of globalization, to foster research competence in India and to bridge the divide between academic research and the pharmaceutical & biotechnology industries. The institute was incorporated as a non-profit entity under Section 25 of the Indian companies act, facilitating operational autonomy. Construction of the DRILS building comprising 44 labs and an administrative block and spanning ~130,000 sq.ft. in area, began in 2004 and was completed in January 2007.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited for the following post of Junior Research Fellow (temporary position coterminous with the project) under DBT funded research project on “Molecular analysis of the functional role of ser/thr phosphatase PHLPP in lipid induced formation of foam cells, a hallmark of atherosclerosis”
Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 plus 30% HRA (total Rs. 32,500) per month for first two years and Rs. 28,000 plus 30% HRA (total Rs. 36,400) per month for 3rd year Duration: The duration of the fellowship is for three years. However, the performance of the candidate will be rigorously reviewed every 6 months and the fellowship will be renewed only upon satisfactory performance.
1) Literature search.
2) Design, plan and execute experiments under the supervision of the scientist.
3) Provide scientific support to the scientist in his research activities.
4) Book keeping and maintenance of stocks and consumables.
Scope of experimental work:
• Generation and genotypic analysis of PHLPP-knockout zebrafish using CRISPR/Cas technology
• Dissection of adult zebrafish, sectioning and slide preparation, and immunohistochemistry
• Zebrafish blood collection and biochemical parameter testing
• Staining and visualization of blood vessels and cells in adult and larval zebrafish
• Routine cell culture, transfection of cells and analysis by western blotting, qPCR, ChIP, microscopy and various biochemical kits
• Cloning and site directed mutagenesis
1) Post-graduate degree in Biotechnology or any other related branch of Basic Sciences from a recognized university/institute with CSIR NET qualification. OR Graduate degree in a Professional course from a recognized university/institute with CSIR NET qualification OR Post-graduate degree in a Professional course such as MTech, MPharm, MVSc. etc
2) Candidate should demonstrate consistent academic record of minimum 60% aggregate in all qualifying examinations.
3) The candidate should be motivated and committed.
B) Experience: 1-2 years in the areas of Molecular Biology and Cell biology.
C) Preferable: Candidates with prior hands-on experience with zebrafish and cell culture are preferred. Experience with CRISPR and/or dissections and immunohistochemistry would be an additional advantage.
Atherosclerosis is a chronic inflammatory vessel disease occurring due to the accumulation of lipids in the arterial wall. Atherosclerosis is the principal cause of cardiovascular diseases (CVD), the leading killer worldwide. Despite the management of lipids with current medications, there is a strong unmet medical need for the treatment of atherosclerosis necessitating development of newer and better therapies. Accumulation of lipid loaded foamy macrophages (foam cells) in arterial intima is the hallmark of the early atherosclerotic lesions. The main objective of the project is to explore the role of ser/thr phosphatase PHLPP in the formation of foam cells.
Qualified and interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae by e-mail to email@example.com on or before 20th February 2019 with "DBT-PHLPP Project" as the subject line of the email. There will be two rounds of interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be first interviewed through skype/telecon followed by a personal interview at Dr. Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
See All Other Jobs in our Database