Admission Noification in Jawaharlal Nehru University
The bill for the establishment of Jawaharlal Nehru University was placed in the Rajya Sabha on September 1, 1965 by the then Education Minister, Mr M.C. Chagla. During the discussion that followed, Hon. M.P. Mr. Bhushan Gupta voiced the opinion that this should not be yet another university. New faculties should be created, including scientific socialism, and one thing that this university should ensure was to keep noble ideas in mind and provide accessibility to students from weaker sections of society. The JNU Bill was passed in Lok Sabha on 16th November 1966 and the JNU Act came into force on 22nd April, 1969.
Biotechnology is a multidisciplinary area on the educational scene and programmes have been developed to meet the growing demand for trained manpower for any meaningful Biotechnology activity in the country. The programmes are designed to expose the students to recent exciting developments in the area of genetic engineering and biotechnology and their exploitation in industry, agriculture and medicine.
Jawaharlal Nehru University will hold a Combined Entrance Examination for admission to 2-Year M.Sc. Programme in Biotechnology on behalf of following participating Universities:
1. University of Allahabad, Allahabad( 19 seats )
2. Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)( 13 seats )
3. Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri (J&K) (M.Sc. in Bioresources Biotechnology)( 6 seats )
4. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi( 27 seats )
5. University of Burdwan, Burdwan( 12 seats )
6. University of Calicut, Kerala( 15 seats )
7. Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore( 16 seats )
8. Goa University, Goa (M.Sc. in Marine Biotechnology)( 20 seats )
9. Gulbarga University, Gulbarga( 7 seats )
10. Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar( 20 seats )
11. Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar( 13 seats )
12. Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla( 19 seats )
13. HNB Garhwal University, Garhwal( 13 seats )
14. University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad( 25 seats )
15. University of Jammu, Jammu( 07 seats )
16. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi( 31 seats )
17. Kumaun University, Nainital( 23 seats )
18. University of Lucknow, Lucknow( 13 seats )
19. Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai( 30 seats )
20. Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak (M.Sc. in Medical Biotechnology)( 20 seats )
21. M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara( 25 seats )
22. University of Mysore, Mysore( 10 seats )
23. University of North Bengal, Siliguri( 07 seats )
24. North Eastern Hill University, Shillong( 10 seats )
25. Pondicherry University, Pondicherry( 23 seats )
26. University of Pune, Pune( 25 seats )
27. R.T.M. Nagpur University, Nagpur( 10 seats )
28. Sardar Patel University, Gujarat (M.Sc. in Industrial Biotechnology)( 13 seats )
29. Shivaji University, Kolhapur (M.Sc. in Environmental Biotechnology)( 10 seats )
30. Tezpur University, Tezpur (Assam) (M.Sc. in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology)( 20 seats )
31. T.M. Bhagalpur University, Bhagalpur( 25 seats )
32. Utkal University, Bhubaneswar( 10 seats )
33. Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University, Jaunpur( 20 seats )
34. Visva-Bharati University, Santiniketan( 19 seats )
The Entrance Examination will be held on May 21, 2014 at Centers all over the country (detail of these examination centers is shown under Section XIII of this Prospectus).
Bachelor's degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education in Physical, Biological, Agricultural, Veterinary and Fishery Sciences, Pharmacy, Engineering/Technology, 4-years B.Sc. (Physician Assistant Course); OR Medicine (MBBS) OR B.D.S. with at least 55% marks.
Only those candidates who have passed the qualifying examinations in 2011 or thereafter including those who are appearing in 2013 are eligible to apply. In other words, those who have passed the qualifying examination PRIOR to 2011, are not eligible to apply.
IMPortant NOTES: Before applying, please ensure that you fulfil the eligibility requirements as prescribed above. Also please note that permission to appear in the entrance examination is subject to your fulfilling the minimum eligibility requirements prescribed above. You may, therefore, appear in the entrance examination only if you fulfil the eligibility requirements for M.Sc. Biotechnology Programme. Despite this caution, in case you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria and still appear in the entrance examination, you will do so at your own risk and cost, and if at any stage, it is found that you do not fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements, the admission, if granted to you, shall be cancelled ipso facto.
For More Info Go to Next Page...
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.