Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals having excellent academic record for the following positions purely on temporary and contractual basis under the funded project. Please read the advertisement carefully and then apply.
Post : Research Associate (RA) / Senior Research Fellow (SRF) - TWO posts
Name of the Project : “Innovative Nucleoside Probes as Multifunctional Toolbox to Study RNA Structure, Dynamics and Function"
Funding Agency & Project Code : Wellcome Trust India Allianze under Department of Biotechnology (DBT) ; 30716255
Minimum Educational Qualifications : Ph. D. degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry with First class in Masters in Science or equivalent degree. Candidates who have submitted their thesis may also apply (Thesis should be related to Bio-organic / Medical Chemistry or Chemical Biology)
Candidate should have a Ph. D. degree in Bio-organic or medicinal or chemical biology, good practical experience in synthetic organic chemistry, biophysics. Candidate with very good hands on experience in cell culture and imaging are preferred. The incumbent should also ideally possess good skills in synthetic organic chemistry and well versed with spectroscopy techniques to characterize small molecules as well biomolecules (e.g., nucleic acids). Should have hands-on-experience in handling instruments like fluorescence, CD, HPLC, etc. This project will mainly involve the development of probes for understanding the structure-function relationship of non-canonical nucleic acid structures both in vitro and in cell models. Also, candidates with experience in nucleic acid chemistry, cloning, microbiology and molecular biology will be strongly preferred.
Tenure of the appointment : Initially for a period of six months which may be extended subject to continuation of the project and satisfactory performance of the incumbent.
Consolidated emoluments : 1) Rs. 47,000/- + 24% HRA per month
2) Candidates who have submitted their thesis but not completed defence (i.e. candidates without a provisional certificate of having qualified for the degree), will be designated as Senior Research Fellow (SRF) and paid Rs. 35,000/- + 24% HRA per month till the time of submission of Provisional Ph.D. certificate.
Age : 1) Research Associate (RA): Not more than 35 years as on last date of application
2) Senior Research fellow (SRF): Not more than 32 years as on last date of application
HOW TO APPLY
• Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 25, 2021. Please mention “Advt. 79/2021” and “Research Associate (RA) / Senior Research Fellow (SRF)” in the subject line of the email.
• Note : Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Shortlisted candidates may have to present their Ph. D. thesis in the form of presentation (5-6 power point slides), which will be followed by an interview.
• List of shortlisted candidates for selection process with details of date & time will be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and the shortlisted candidates will be informed by e-mail only. Therefore, please mention active Mobile Number and Email ID in the application form.
• Recent passport size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience etc. will be collected and verified at an appropriate stage.
1. The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on termination of the project.
2. The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Pune.
3. The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project. 4. The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institutions.
5. The prescribed educational qualification is the bare minimum and mere possession of same does not entitle candidates to be called for selection process. Where number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible to carry out selection process for all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the selection process to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualification and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
6. In case, a selected candidate does not join or resigns after joining the post, waitlisted candidate/s may be offered the position.
7. No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
8. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
9. Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below this advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to email@example.com on or before December 25, 2021. Please mention “Advt. 79/2021” and “Research Associate (RA) / Senior Research Fellow (SRF)” in the subject line of the email.
ADVT NO: 79/2021
See All Other Jobs in our Database