Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for promotion of high quality science education and research in the country.
Institute invites online applications from Indian nationals possessing excellent academic record and relevant work experience for the following position.
Post : Principal Technical Officer (Education)
Scale of Pay : Level 12 (Entry Pay Rs. 78,800/-)
Age Limit : Not exceeding 45 years as on closing date of an advertisement.
Essential Qualification : Master’s Degree in Physics / Chemistry / Life Sciences / Biochemistry with first class or equivalent grade (6.5 in 10-point scale / 60% marks) and consistently excellent academic record. OR B. Tech. in Chemical / Biological Engineering with first class or equivalent grade (6.5 in 10-point scale / 60% marks) and consistently excellent academic record.
Experience : Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience as stated in the job description from Government Educational / Research Institute / Autonomous Bodies / Institutions of National Importance / University / PSU at the level of Senior Scientific / Technical Officer or at equivalent position in Level -11 / GP Rs. 6,600/-. Candidates who have held a position abroad, equivalent to the position at qualifying Level / Grade, may also apply, and should submit relevant details in the online application.
Design, organise and facilitate workshops, and seminars on pedagogy for faculty members and train Teaching Assistants. Develop strategies for training of faculty members and teaching assistants with an aim to improve learning outcomes for undergraduate students. Develop and assist in generation of online content for undergraduate courses. Design, conduct and manage workshops for school and college teachers as well as students as part of outreach activities of the Institute. Develop proposals for education and outreach projects for external funding. The officer will report to Dean, Academics.
Desirable : Ph.D. in Physics / Chemistry / Life Sciences / Biochemistry / Science Education or equivalent with three years teaching experience in an undergraduate institution of high repute. Experience in conducting science education and outreach workshops for teachers as well as students at the undergraduate level.
GENERAL INFORMATION / DETAILS ABOUT POST
1) Above post is as per the 7th CPC pay scale and carry allowances like Dearness, House Rent, Transport and Children’s Education as admissible.
2) Post is covered under New Pension Scheme of Govt. of India and incumbent will be eligible for other benefits like Medical, LTC, etc. as per the Government / Institute norms.
3) The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Board / University / Institution.
4) Age relaxation as admissible to Physically Handicapped / Ex-Serviceman applicants shall be considered as per the Government of India norms. Such applicants must ensure that they are entitled to age relaxation and possess the valid certificates / documents prescribed by Govt. of India in support of their claim.
5) Age is relaxable up to 50 years for internal candidates.
6) Applications from the candidates working in Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings and Government Funded Research Agencies etc. should be forwarded through proper channel and with a clear certificate that the applicant will be relieved within one month of receipt of appointment order, if selected. However, an online application to be submitted before the last date as an advance copy.
7) The prescribed essential qualifications and experience indicated are bare minimum and mere possession of same will not entitle the candidates to be called for the selection process. Where number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible for the Institute to call all eligible candidates for selection process. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for selection process to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. The candidates should, therefore, furnish full details of qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant fields. Documentary evidences will be verified during the selection process.
8) Waitlist shall be kept valid for a period of six months. In case selected candidate do not join or resigns after joining the post within 6 months, waitlisted candidate may be offered the position.
9) Relaxation in age may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates, with prior approval of the Competent Authority.
10) No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
11) Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
12) Application with incomplete / inadequate information will be summarily rejected.
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE READ FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SUBMITTING AN ONLINE APPLICATION. CANDIDATES NOT HAVING REQUIRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE NEED NOT APPLY. Last date for submitting online applications is December 31, 2020. Applicants need NOT send a hard copy of the application (Applicant as stated at Sr. 6 above need to forward application through proper channel).
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria may apply online in the prescribed application form by clicking on the link “Apply Online” available below this advertisement. Please keep personal details, qualification details, details of references, experience details, other relevant details, soft copy of the passport size photograph (Less than 1 MB) with you and printer attached to your desktop before starting the online application.
In case, the name of the degree that you possess is not listed in the drop down option, please select “other” and then enter the Name of the Degree in the appropriate field.
In case the applicant has completed any degree/s, course/s through Distance learning / Correspondence / Part –Time method from the recognized Board / University / Institution:
• Please mention in the Specialization field if the particular degree / course has been done through Distance / Correspondence / Part-time as the case may be and then enter specialization i.e. “Correspondence - Biochemistry” etc. in the same field.
Final result declared with CGPA / GPA to be converted in % as per the formula given by the respective University / Institute / Board and % to be entered in the respective field. Pending the required details in the percentage form, application may be rejected.
While entering the details of employment, details under the column “Pay Scale” should be entered as under:
1) In case applicant is/was drawing a salary as per the 6th pay scale – Just Enter Pay Band and Grade Pay of the post (Example – PB 3 + GP Rs. 6600).
2) In case applicant is/was drawing a salary as per the 7th pay scale – Just Enter Level (Example – Level 11).
3) In case applicant is/was working in PSU – Enter “PSU – (Write Scale)”. Example: PSU-18000-2400-26060
4) In case applicant is/was drawing consolidated pay – enter “Consolidated Pay” i.e. “Cons - Rs. 55000”
In case of re-appointment / promotion / up-gradation in different scale OR change in role & responsibility while working in the same organization / Institute, please mention on the subsequent row with all required details.
Information not covered in the application may be entered in brief in the field at Sr. 12 “Any other relevant Information”. After you complete the application, click on the “Preview” button.
Please see the print preview from browser option and adjust page margins if printable area is not covered. Go to the end of the preview page, click in the box provided for declaration. Before submitting the application, click on the “Print” button to take printout of the filled application. Please keep one copy for your record.
Once you submit the application, you will not be able to retrieve the application for printing / editing / reference. After successful submission of online application, candidates shall receive an auto-generated acknowledgement on the email mentioned by the candidate in an online application.
Candidates who have submitted “Online application” only shall be considered for the selection process. Shortlisted candidates only will be informed by SMS on Mobile, Email OR by Post. Therefore, please mention active Mobile Number and Email ID in the online application form.
If called for the selection process, applicants will have to bring printed copy of the online application, self-attested certificates in support of age, mark sheets and certificates of educational qualification, experience certificate/s having required details as mentioned in the application form and other documents in support of the information submitted in the online application.
Advt. No.: 54/2020/IISER-P/Rect./10.12.2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database