MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Post : Lead Therapy Manager (Oncology)
Customer Focus and Coverage
• Proficient with the therapy and product related features/benefits including scientific information thereto, so as to effectively communicate with the medical doctors and handle product related customer queries.
• Actively participate in identifying key and potential medical practitioners and specialists in the respective therapeutic segment in the assigned territory, and prioritize for the purpose of systematic customer coverage so as to generate maximum prescription sales for the company’s range of products as per business plan.
• Schedule and plan the frequency of calls and personally visit the targeted doctors as per agreed coverage list. Call on the Chemists, wholesalers as the case may be to track in-market sales of the products, booking of orders to ensure timely and adequate availability of products to meet market demand.
• Utilize customer focused selling techniques (CSSP), continually assessing the knowledge of the customer and strategize to maintain high customer confidence and customer knowledge of company products.
• Maintain current, approved protocol (CSSP) and promotional materials to be included in sales presentation/ detailing.
• Contact customers on regular basis and deliver informative sales presentations based on customers need.
• Constantly explore opportunities to develop new business within assigned therapy area.
Sales Performance & Results
• Achieve and exceed the sales targets on a consistent basis through effective implementation of the sales promotion strategies and follow-up initiatives.
• Specialist in the product knowledge, therapy knowledge and detailing skills so as to enhance productivity levels as expected by the Company.
• Carry out Product Visibility and such ancillary or incidental activities related to the Products of the Company or Products of any other Company as may be decided from time to time, in accordance with any arrangement or agreement entered into by the Company with such other Company.
• Explore opportunities to develop new businesses within assigned therapy area.
Planning & Sales Performance Management
• Tactically plans to generate tertiary demand generation
• Plans and executes field working as per approved tour programmes so as to cover all stakeholders as per decided frequency
• Takes follow-up initiatives on feedback and customer service requirements.
• Handles special product campaigns, new product launch campaigns as per Company’s plans.
• Covers the Nursing homes, clinics and hospitals as per agreed coverage requirements
• Collects data on annual budget for medicines, mode of purchase, rate contract/tendering etc. as may be required and takes initiatives to tap these business growth avenues.
• Assists in the collection of receivables, as per company policy.
• Actively participate in Cycle meetings, periodic Sales & Marketing meeting and conventions.
• Conducts group meetings, medical education camps, speaker programmes as may be necessary from time to time for assigned therapy area.
• Guides and helps other team members within therapy area to design and execute scientific activities as per experience.
Coaching and supervision
• Actively participate in training, orienting and handholding the new comers
• To be a Mentor to the Trainees, probationers and freshly inducted sales professionals in the assigned therapy area.
• Expert in the therapy area and constantly providing guidance and coaching to TMs and STMs as per need.
• To sanction leave of the sales professionals, as per company procedure.
• Liaising with the Stockists and distributors in connection with customer service requirements. Provides guidance and coaching to TMs as per need.
• To approve claims upto prescribed limits of authorized stockists, distributors, retailers in respect of breakages, date expiry, spoilage etc after due verification. In case of larger claims, provide accurate and vital inputs to the Management to take appropriate action.
Company, Industry & Product Knowledge
• Demonstrate above average knowledge of all company marketed products, disease, therapy area, competitor products, promotional strategies and objectives. Develops a clear understanding of the Company’s SOPS and protocols pertaining to his area of work.
• Imbibes the guidelines pertaining to Adverse Event Reporting and takes prompt action in compliance with the requirements.
• Maintain quality customer list, current profile of assigned key accounts, key influencers & clinical thought leaders.
• Execute Marketing Strategies in consonance with Marketing guidelines.
• Collect Market intelligence, conduct market surveys, participate in special projects etc.
• Actively seek and display knowledge of key customers in territory and therapy area.
• Lead the scientific engagement of key stakeholders within therapy area so as to establish leading corporate image
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and build up a healthy rapport with them.
• Work collectively with other team colleagues in arranging speakers, displays, special programs and CMEs to meet the educational needs of customers.
Distribution & Resource Allocation
• Ensure adequate inventory level with trade partner and take prompt actions to prevent date expiry of products.
Adherence to Internal tools & Processes/ Administration /Values
• Ensure timely submission of daily call report, sales documents, feedback reports, expense reports and other administrative duties are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Adhere and demonstrate Leader behaviors.
• In the discharge of your responsibilities, you will be required to undertake such other jobs as may be assigned to you by the Management from time to time.
• Degree in Sciences / B Pharm
• 8 or more year’s relevant experience
• Proven experience in articulating data-driven findings to various audience levels and translating these findings into actionable recommendations.
Experience : 8+ years
Qualification : Degree in Sciences / B Pharm
Location : Bangalore, Karnataka
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area : Oncology
End Date : 15th January, 2020
See All Other Jobs in our Database