The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD) is an autonomous organization funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. CDFD also receives funding from other agencies on specific collaborative projects. In addition, DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics services provided by the Centre support some of its activities. CDFD is recognized by Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Regional Centre for Biotechnology and University of Hyderabad for a Ph.D. programme in Life Sciences. The Centre is equipped with world class state-of-the-art instrumentation and computing infrastructure to facilitate research and development in frontier areas of modern biology.
Post : Technical Associate (Computational) (01 No. post)
CDFD, an autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, invites applications from Indian nationals for the following temporary vacancy post in research project entitled “NATIONAL GENOMICS CORE” funded by DBT.
Age Limit : 35 years
Consolidated Emoluments : 50,000/- – 75,000/- p.m.
Essential qualifications :
1. M Tech / M Sc or B Tech with two years experience or equivalent in Computer Science / Bioinformatics or a related discipline.
2. Minimum 3 years experience (in addition to above qualification) of working in analysis of massively parallel DNA sequencing data
1. Experience in handling of software packages, genomic databases and data analysis pipelines
2. Proficiency in programming in C/C++ or python
3. Experience in a service laboratory
4. Proficiency of working in Unix (Linux) environment
Nature of Duty : Quality Assurance / Quality Control and analysis of raw sequence data generated by massively parallel DNA sequencing and microarray platforms, programming, design and operation of massively parallel DNA sequencing data analysis pipelines as well as other related activities.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Depending on the qualifications, experience and recommendations of the Selection Committee, the selected candidate may be placed in a scale and designation lower than the grade advertised/applied (in the same group)
2. This position is purely temporary and are initially for a maximum of one year. This could be extended/terminated depending on the continuation of the project(s).
3. Reservation for SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped / Ex-service person / EWS applicants will be as per Govt. of India rules.
4. Relaxation of age for SC / ST / OBC / Physically Handicapped / Ex-service persons / Women applicants will be as per Govt. of India rules.
5. Mere fulfilling the minimum qualifications will not entitle the candidate for being shortlisted for interview. The applications will be screened by a Committee and candidates found suitable will be shortlisted and interviewed through video conference. The decision of the Director, CDFD will be final in this respect and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
6. Any of the selected individuals may from time to time be assigned to perform any other duties commensurate with their qualifications, by the Director, CDFD.
7. The Director, CDFD reserves the right to suitably change/relax any of the above conditions. He also reserves the right to accept or reject any application without assigning any reason.
Interested candidates who fulfill the above conditions, should apply in the prescribed application form Online. The link for the application form is available at (link to be provided). Please upload soft copies of certificates in support of date of birth, educational qualifications, reservation category (if applicable). Please contact <firstname.lastname@example.org> for any queries.
The last date for submitting online applications is 01.01.2021. Incomplete applications and applications without caste / disability certificate (if applicable) or the applications received after the last date are liable to be rejected.
See All Other Jobs in our Database