Mizoram University is a central university under the University Grants Commission, Government of India, and was established on 2 July 2001, by the Mizoram University Act (2000) of the Parliament of India. The President of India is the official Visitor, and the Governor of Mizoram acts as the Chief Rector as per Mizoram University (Amendment) Bill, 2007. According to the Act, the objectives of the university are "to disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit, to make provisions for integrated courses in humanities, natural and physical sciences, social sciences, forestry and other allied disciplines in the educational programmes of the University; to take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-disciplinary studies and research; to educate and train man-power in the development of the state of Mizoram.
Walk-in Interview will be held for project posts for the ‘DST funded research project entitled “Development and evaluation of endophytic actinobacteria based formulation against clinical MRSA and VRSA strains” at Department of Biotechnology, Mizoram University, Mizoram. The project is in collaboration with Department of Pharmacy, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan and the selected students need to work at both the places depending upon the need of the project.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) - One (01) post.
Eligibility: Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science with NET qualification or Graduate Degree in Professional Course with NET qualification or Post Graduate Degree in Professional Course (M.S. Pharm/M.Pharm in Natural Products/Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Pharmaceutics).
The selected JRF will work at Department of Pharmacy, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan. Candidates having Natural Products/Pharmaceutical Chemistry/Pharmaceutics experience will be preferred for the post of JRF.
Emoluments: Rs 25000/- +10% HRA per month for the 1st and 2nd Year and Rs 28000/- +10% HRA for 3rd Year.
Project Assistant (PA)- One (01) post
Eligibility: Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science. The selected PA will work at Department of Biotechnology, Mizoram University.
Students having working experience on microbial fermentation and microbial natural products will be preferred.
Emoluments: Rs 22000/- per month (Consolidated).
General Terms and Conditions
• The term of service is initially for one year which may be extended further depending on their performance and/or other conditions prevailing at that time for another two years. Fellowship amount and age relaxations will be as per norms of DST, New Delhi. The post is purely temporary and is co-terminus with the project. The appointment does not confer any entitlement or right over the job and will not be considered as formal service.
• Candidates having strong interest and dedication towards the objectives of the project and who will work at least for minimum two years period need to apply.
• The walk in interview will be on 18 December 2018 at 10:30 AM at Department of Biotechnology, Mizoram University. Applications, neatly typed on plain paper along with attested photocopies of mark sheets and certificates should be submitted on the date of the walk in interview. All the Original certificates should be produced for verification at the time of interview.
• Outstation candidates may opt for telephonic/skype interview. This should be clearly mentioned in the application form.
• No TA & DA will be paid for appearing in the walk-in interview.
See All Other Jobs in our Database