Recruitment for National Chair at Translational Health Science and Technology Institute
Translational Health Science and Technology Institute (THSTI) is an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India. The institute is an integral part of the interdisciplinary NCR Biotech Science Cluster located at Faridabad, Haryana and is designed as a dynamic, interactive organization with the mission to conduct innovative translational research and to develop research collaborations across disciplines and professions to translate concepts into tangible products to improve human health.
Post : National Chair
THSTI has built several inter-institutional collaborations and connectivity with industry supported by well-trained teams of research and laboratory staff. This foundation has helped pursuit of thematic research programmes which can be broadly categorized as, (a) Vaccines, (b) Maternal and Child Health, (c) Diagnostics, and (d) Metabolic Disease and Nutrition, including drug discovery. Additionally, THSTI conducts training in multiple areas relevant to clinical and translational research and develops background documents for science and policy aimed at public health.
Eligibility criteria: Accomplished scientists of the Central/State Govt. / Universities / Public Sector Undertakings / Govt. funded research organisations / institutes, autonomous bodies with a minimum of 25 years research experience in responsible higher position with published research of highest standards and / or technologies of established utility with an MD or PhD degree in Life Sciences / Biomedical Sciences / Biotechnology / Biomedical Engineering / Biotech Pharmacology or a related area from a recognized University.
Age Limit: 62 years at the time of award of THSTI National Chair
Tenure: The tenure of award is for 3 years initially.
Compensation & Benefits :
• Emoluments : Award money Rs. 1.50 lakhs per month during the period of work in THSTI. If the period is less than one month the awardee will be paid onpro rata basis. If the awardee works from a different location, the emolument will be paid 50% of the award money.
• Local transport during the stay at THSTI
• Contigency : As applicable to other faculty
• Accomodation : Institute Guest House
• Start up research grant will be provided for a period of 3 years to operate the laboratory of their expertise in THSTI.
Find More Info Go Next Page...