Recruitment for Clinical Researcher at University of Oxford
Hazard-specific / Safety-critical duties
This job includes the following hazard-specific or safety-critical duties which will require successful pre-employment health screening through our Occupational Health Department before the successful candidate will be allowed to start work:
• Lone Working
• Driving on University business
• Work in clinical areas with direct contact with patients
• A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check due to regulated involving ‘at risk’ adults
• Clinically qualified with current registration with clinical professional body (general medical, nursing, physiotherapy, or pharmacy bodies).
• Successful applicants will be required to hold an honorary clinical contract with the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and must ensure that they have fulfilled all the criteria required.
• Clinical skills and competence appropriate to current level as evidenced by recent revalidation or evidence provided by way of a professional skills portfolio.
• Excellent communication skills and fluency in English, as evidenced by seminars or presentations.
• Strong commitment to undertaking clinical research and writing research papers.
• Ability to work well under pressure, managing multiple tasks in a milestone-orientated research environment, with excellent planning, organisational, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to be flexible with hours worked. Some out of hours work will be required in line with patient recruitment requirements.
• Able to provide evidence of successful project management within a multi-disciplinary team.
• An understanding of the guiding principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) for research.
• Peer-reviewed publications (preferably as first author).
• Line Management experience
• PhD in a relevant area.
• Skills in statistics and data analysis.
Division : Medical Sciences Division
Department : Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences (NDCN)
Location : John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford
Grade and salary :- Grade 7: £31,604 - £38,833 (pro-rata if part-time)
Hours : Full-time but part-time applications are welcome (minimum two days/week). Please state clearly your preferred working hours on your application
Contract type : Fixed term to 31st March 2020 in the first instance with the possibility of extension
Reporting to : Senior Critical Care Research Nurse
Vacancy reference : 132014
See All Karnataka