Institute of Life Sciences (ILS) was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous institute under the administrative control of Govt. of Odisha. In 2002, it was taken over by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India. The Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee dedicated the institute to the nation in July 2003. Institute of Life Sciences has a broad vision of carrying out high-quality multidisciplinary research in the area of life sciences.
Institute of Life Sciences (ILS), Bhubaneswar, an autonomous Institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, engaged in advanced research, invites applications from Indian nationals for the position of Junior Research Fellows leading to Ph.D. program.
No. of Positions : 20 (Reservation will be applicable as per GoI guidelines)
The research disciplines are listed below
1. Cancer Biology 2. Infectious Disease Biology 3. Plant Biotechnology 4. Interdisciplinary
These four disciplines belong to the broad thematic area of ILS: Precision Bio Therapeutics, Functional Food & Smart Proteins and Applied Biotechnology for Developing Climate Resilient Crops.
The applicants are strongly encouraged to visit ILS webpage for detailed information regarding the research activities going on at Institute of Life Sciences.
1. Candidates should have passed their M.Sc. / M.Tech. / M.Pharm./ M.V.Sc. or equivalent qualification in Life Sciences and allied subjects (Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biophysics/ Chemistry/ Microbiology) with at least 55% (without rounding off) (relaxation will be given as per GoI guideline). Candidates awaiting final results may also apply; however, if shortlisted, they have to produce their final mark sheet on the interview date, failing which they will not be interviewed.
2. Candidates should have also qualified in CSIR/UGC-JRF, DBT-JRF, UGC-RGNF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE, or any other nationally-competitive fellowship offered by the Government of India having a valid fellowship for five years. If the original certificate is unavailable, the candidate must provide a photocopy of the original admit card and the particular result page highlighting their roll number, along with the application. Candidates with score sheets can also apply; however, they must submit their certificate at the time of the interview if shortlisted.
3. The candidate should be below 28 years of age as of 23rd August 2023. However, the upper age limit may be relaxable up to 5 years in the case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD)/female applicants and 03 years in the case of OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants.
4. Incomplete applications, providing false/incorrect information, and non-possession of essential qualifications detected by the competent authority at any stage of the selection process will lead to the candidate’s disqualification. The decision of the competent authority at ILS will be final and binding.
Application Fees : Applicants except SC/ST/ PWD are required to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs.500/-. Candidates have to pay the application fee online only by using the link provided in the online application form.
Fellowship : The fellowship and other emoluments will be per the guidelines of the funding agencies -DST/ DBT /CSIR/UGC/ICMR and revised from time to time. To and fro bus/rail fare by the shortest route limited to sleeper class will be paid to all the candidates appearing for the interview.
Important dates :
1. Last date for receiving applications: 23rd August 2023.
2. Date of display of shortlisted candidates and instructions on the Institute website: 25th August 2023.
3. Tentative date of interview: 18th & 19th September 2023.
See All Other Jobs in our Database