Malabar Cancer Centre, Thalassery (MCC) is an autonomous institution under Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Kerala, established under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860. The institution is located at Kodiyeri, Thalassery of Kannur District and was established in 2001 and the clinical services were started in the same year. At present MCC has 220 in-patient bed strength and the Institute caters to patients from 7 Districts of Northern Kerala in addition to the neighboring states of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Mahe a total population of over 1.5 crores.
Post : Research Assistant, Clinical Research Assistant, Clinical Trial Coordinator
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for appointment to various posts under the following short term research projects at Malabar Cancer Centre.
Research Assistant - 02 posts
Project No - 1 : To establish a ready network of clinical trial units across the National Cancer Grid to promote multi-centric collaborative research in the field of drug and device development
Funding agency : Biotechnology Industrial Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), Govt of India.
Essential Qualifications : GNM Nursing / BSc Nursing, MSc Statistics / Biostatistics, B.Tech/ MSc. Biotechnology, MSc life science, B.Pharm, Pharm.D, Science Degree with Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Research /Training or Experience in clinical research
Experience : Preference will be given the candidates having experience in clinical trial/Clinica l Research
Maximum age limit : 35 years
Remuneration/ Month : Rs.25,700/-
Clinical Research Assistant - 02 posts
Project No - 2 : Design and development of ultrasonic transducer probes for medical imaging
Funding agency : Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Govt of India
Essential Qualifications : BSc Nursing
Maximum age limit : 35 years
Remuneration/ Month : Rs.32,000/-
Clinical Trial Coordinator - 01 post
Project No - 3 : Phase IIB/III Study to Determine the Efficacy of Curcumin and Metformin to reduce the Incidence of Second Primary Tumours of Aero- Digestive Tract in Patients with History of Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SPT-Trial)
Funding agency : National Cancer Grid
Essential Qualifications : M.Pharm / Pharm.D/ MSc Clinical Research/Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research OR BTech in Biotechnology/ Degree in life Science/ Degree in Statistics with Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research
Maximum age limit : 35 years
Remuneration/ Month : Rs.10,000/-
Terms & Conditions
1. The tenure of temporary posting shall be for a period of one year or till completion of the project.
2. Above said post will be stationed at Malabar Cancer Centre, Thalassery
3. Since the post is purely temporary, the incumbents selected will have no claim for regular posts and benefits
4. Applications will be screened and selected candidates will be called for interview. Application received after the due date will not be considered under any circumstances. Details regarding the interview date will be informed later. There may be a screening tests if the number of candidates more than 5 per post. The marks obtained in screening test will not be used for selection except in case of tie in interview.
5. Any attempt at influencing any official of MCC will be a straightforward reason for outright rejection of the application. Such candidates will be debarred for a period of 5 years from applying to any post in MCC
6. No TA/DA etc. will be given to attend the Interview or joining of post and out Stationed candidate should make his/her own arrangement for stay for interview and joining of post, if offered
7. Qualification and experience should be from a recognized University or organization (Recognized by Central or state Government)
8. Age will be calculated as on 1st January of the year. ie 01-01-2023
9. The decision of Director is final in all aspects of recruitment
10. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Candidates are advised to desist from such unholy practices.
How to apply
1. Candidates should apply ONLINE through our website mcc.kerala.gov.in
2. Please assure that you have the following before proceeding to Online Registration.
• Your photograph in digital form with the following specifications; Maximum Image Size: 30Kb Image Dimension: 150W X 200H px Image Type: .jpg format
• Reference number for application fee is Rs. 50 / - for SC / ST category and Rs. 250 / - for others. The application fee shall pay online through the payment gateway system provided in the online Application
3. The last date of submission of ONLINE application 31st August 2023
4. Candidates claiming fee concession/exemption, a copy of SC/ST Certificate from the competent authority, shall be submitted at the time of interview. Else the candidate may pay the pay for the general category.
5. The applications that are not complete in all respect will not be considered and no individual intimation will be given
6. Selection will be based on qualification and experience and performance in the Test/Interview. Claims in respect of Qualifications, Experience, etc. should be supported by copies of relevant documents; Candidates should produce the originals at the time of interview
7. The application will be screened and eligible candidates will be informed through email (with date & venue) to attend the interview. Candidate should provide proper contact email ID for communication. Candidates are advised to visit our website mcc.kerala.gov.in regularly for updates/ notices and announcements.
8. Qualification, experience prescribed by MCC, should be strictly followed and applications without any of them will be rejected.
9. The Director-MCC will hold the right to reject any application without any information.
The last date of submission of Online Application : 31-08-2023, 05.00 PM
See All Other Jobs in our Database