ICMR-National Institute of Malaria Research will conduct walk-in-interview / written tests on the below mentioned purely temporary project post, tenable at ICMR-NIMR for the period as mentioned below. The term may be extended further as per requirement. Candidates possessing required essential qualifications, experience and age criteria may attend walk-in-interview / written test at ICMR - NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MALARIA RESEARCH, Sector-8, Dwarka, New Delhi on the date as indicated in the schedule below along with the filled-in prescribed application form and supporting documents for proof of date of birth, qualifications and experience.
Post : Research Associate-I (01 post)
The main objective of this project is to understand about mosquito host recognition behavior, by using molecular, biochemical and structural biology tools. We are looking to select and engage highly skilled and experienced personnel to work in the below mentioned projects having translational values for vector control.
Name of the Project : “Multi-stage malaria vaccine candidates for the prevention of Plasmodium falciparum infection in mosquito and pre-erythrocytic development in man.”
Duration : Upto August 2024
Place of Posting : ICMR - NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MALARIA RESEARCH, Sector-8, Dwarka, New Delhi
Essential qualifications : Ph.D/MD/MS/MDS Or equivalent degree Or having 3 years research, teaching and design and development experience after M.Sc/M. Pharma/ME/M Tech with at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
Desirable qualifications :
• Ph.D degree in biological sciences; preference would be given for research experience in malaria parasite culture work, gametocyte culture, mosquito rearing etc.
• Proven track record of research experience in the field of parasite/vector biology.
• Candidate should have atleast one first author publications in indexed journals in the field of parasite biology/vector biology
• Should be able to conduct protein biochemical assays, parasite drug sensitivity assays etc.
Duties / Responsibilities
The selected candidate would be responsible for overall management of the project and would be responsible to carry out routine protein, biochemical assays, Parasite-Drug sensitivity assays, Parasite culture, gametocyte generation for Transmission blocking assays, presentations of the project, report writing, article drafting, and other conceptual hypothesis/idea generation.
Consolidated emoluments( per month) : Rs. 47,000/- + HRA as per rules
Age Limit : 40 years
Terms and Conditions :
1. Interested and eligible candidates possessing the essential qualification and experience can appear for walk-in-interview/personal discussions (as applicable) on the date mentioned along with the duly filled in, prescribed application form (attached).
2. Incomplete applications, application not submitted in prescribed format and application without supportive documents asked for, shall be summarily rejected. Qualification and experience should be in relevant discipline/field and from a reputed institution/organization recognized by relevant authority.
3. Experience shall be counted from the date of completion of minimum essential educational qualification.
4. Submission of incorrect or false information during the process of walk-in-interview/personal discussion shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
5. The Director reserves the right to increase / decrease the number of vacancies as per requirement.
6. The Director, NIMR reserves right to fill up or not to fill up the post advertised on website.
7. Candidate should write the Name of Project on the top of the application.
8. No benefit of provident fund, Leave Travel Concession, Medical Claim etc. will be considered, since the post is purely on temporary basis.
9. Age limit and experience will be considered as on the date of walk-in- interview/personal discussion.
10. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the walk-in-interview/personal discussion/written test.
11. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification/ experience does not guarantee selection.
12. Candidates already in regular service under any Central/State Govt/Autonomous Dept./PSU are not eligible to apply.
13. Selected candidate will be granted Leave as per ICMR guidelines.
14. Post is contractual for the duration offered.
15. The above post is filled-up purely on contractual basis & the candidate will have no right to claim for any type of Permanent Employment under ICMR-NIMR or continuation of his/her services in any other project.
16. Canvassing and bringing inside or outside influence in any form for short listing and employment will be treated as a disqualification and the candidate will be debarred from selection process.
17. Those appearing for Walk-in-Interview/personal discussion, he/she must bring all original certificates (1) Educational qualification (2) Proof of Date of birth (3) Experience certificates/testimonials (4) One-self attested recent passport size photograph (5) ID Proof (Ex. Aadhar/PAN/Voter ID/Driving License etc.) (6) One set of self-attested photocopies of all documents. (7) Candidates should produce all certifications/testimonials in original for verification at the time of walk in-interview.
18. Candidates reporting after the scheduled date/time will not be allowed to appear in interview / or personal discussion.
Date and time of registration / verification of document & Interview : On 29 August 2022
Walk-in Interview Address : ICMR - NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MALARIA RESEARCH, SECTOR-8, DWARKA, NEW DELHI- 110077
Registration and verification of document : 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Interview : 11 : 00 AM onwards
1. Interview will be held on the same day after registration and verification of documents. No candidate will be allowed to enter after scheduled date and time.
2. If there are more than 30 candidates against the post, written examination will be conducted and shortlisted candidates will be considered for interview/personal discussion on the same day.
The following Preventive measures are to be adhered strictly by the candidates appearing for walk-in-interview, to contain the spread of Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) inside the premises and during recruitment process:
(a) Wearing of face cover is compulsory.
(b) Spitting in public & work place shall be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed in accordance with its laws, rules or regulations by the State/UT local authority.
(c) Social distancing shall be followed by all persons in public places.
(d) Provision for thermal screening, hand wash and sanitizer shall be made at all entry and exit points and common areas.
(e) Large physical gathering at one place should be avoided.
(f) Loitering and crowding in corridors should be avoided and candidates should maintain social distancing.
See All Other Jobs in our Database