The Central University of Punjab, has been established in 2009 along with other new Central Universities by an Act of Parliament (No 25, of 2009). Central University has completed a remarkable journey of 12 years. University is accredited A grade in 2016 in first accreditation cycle by NAAC and has secured 95th, 87th and 84th rank in the year 2019, 2020 and 2021 respectively in the University category of NIRF. It is credited with highest per capita research funding. The university has a mission of providing a wide range of instructional and research facilities across integrated and cross-disciplines, promote innovation in teaching, learning and research, and cross-pollinate new ideas, new technologies and new world-views. It aims to create an ignited workforce responsive to regional, national and global needs in tune with the requirements of academia, industry and business. The university is resorting to e-governance through Samarth Project. The staff members have been trained in twenty-one administrative modules for reducing the response time and bringing transparency in the decision making process and also to ensure participatory model of governance.
Post : Junior Research Fellow (JRF) / Project Associate-I or II / Project Assistant
Projects Title : “Elemental Sulfur as a Powerful Reagent / Redox Catalyst for the Synthesis of Biologically Potential Sulfur Embedded Organic Frameworks” Principal Investigator” Dr. Virender Singh, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Central University of Punjab, Village Ghudda, Bathinda, PUNJAB-151401
Project duration : 2 Years 04 months (Approx.)
Engagement Period : Initially for a period of one year, further extendable based on extension of project, satisfactory work & conduct and availability of funds in the project head.
Age : Below 35 years as on date of interview (Relaxation in age is permissible for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per Government of India rules)
Emoluments : Rs.31,000/- per month + HRA pm, (for JRF/Project Associate-I for initial two year then Rs.35000/- per month+HRA pm for third year after 02 year of research experience as per the SERB, DST guidelines)-Candidate with NET/GATE. Rs.35,000/- + HRA pm- (Project Associate-II)-Candidate with NET/GATE and having 02 Years of R&D Experience. Rs. 25,000/- + HRA pm (Project Associate-I)-Candidate without NET/GATE Rs.28,000/- + HRA pm- (Project Associate-II)-Candidate without NET / GATE but having 02 Years R&D Experience
Essential Qualification : M.Sc., M.Pharm. or equivalent degree in any relevant branches of Chemistry/Chemical Sciences/Medicinal/Applied Chemistry with at least 60% marks for GN (55% for OBC/SC/ST/PH) from UGC recognized University/ Institute.
• Qualified CSIR-UGC-NET / GATE / NET-LS / GPAT exams for JRF/Project Associate-I or II (Candidate without NET / GATE / GPAT will be selected as Associate-I or II*)
Desirable Qualification : Preference may be given to candidates with prior experience in Synthetic Organic Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry.
Terms and Conditions
• Interested candidates are requested to send their application with the prescribed format available on university website : cup.ac.in or cup.ac.in / other_jobs.php to the project investigator by email: email@example.com.
• Shortlisted candidates would be intimated by e-mail.
• Candidates should bring the print out of application form with original and self-attested copies of all the supporting documents at the time of interview.
• No canvassing in any form will be entertained.
• For more details/clarification, please contact Project Investigator: Dr. Virender Singh on E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: 9780998060.
• No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Last Date : 08.08.2022
Date of Interview : 08.08.2022, Monday at 11:00 AM onwards (Walk-in as well as Online Interview)
Link for online interview : Click here
See All Other Jobs in our Database